Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto music stopped working

JurS

Android Auto in my Yaris Cross was working fine until a few days ago. I could play the music files on my phone through the Android Auto interface on the central screen, but now it doesn't do that anymore. It says that the music is unknown and I can't access any of the files. I can still play my music, but only by playing it on the phone (using the phone itself) and then it plays through the car's Speakers. Not very convenient since I can't choose what to listen to without manipulating the phone itself.

The map stills shows up as before, it is just the music that is broken. I haven't changed anything on my phone nor in the car.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you sure the music is playing through android auto and not bluetooth when using your phone? What music app do you use on your phone? YoutubeMusic/Spotify etc?

I connect my phone to the car with a USB cable. Until the other day that was all it took to start AA and let me play my music through the central screen, with AA controls for viewing and choosing the tracks. I did notice that when disconnecting the phone after the drive both bluetooth and Mobile Data were on, things that I normally don't turn on.

On the phone I use VLC, have done so for years. Over time I have digitised my CD collection and have that on the phone. AA recognised VLC , it showed the icon. Not anymore.

AA is still working, I can see the map.

Something must have changed without informing me, most annoying.

It works again. I uninstalled VLC and then reinstalled it, and now everything works again as before. I don't know why it got its knickers in a twist, but hey ho, happy bunny.

• Like 1

There was a recent update to Android Auto (which may/may not have caused your issue) that may have happened in the background and perhaps the refresh you did to VLC fixed the issue?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links