Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New to the Forum

killie77

Hi

joined as I’m in the process of buying an iQ

its a 59 plate with a few faults that I’ve negotiated for in the Price. It’s in need of a New Clutch. If I can find out what’s the best Clutch for the iQ. That would be a bonus. 
Then have to find someone to fit it 😩

The Drivers Electric window doesn’t go up or down. Can hear the motor running but nothing moving. 
Also need a Drivers side mirror as the one it has is cracked. 
Any help would be most appreciated 

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum

Did you get some idea of parts and labour costs before you agreed the price. If not I would give a couple of local garages a ring to get a rough idea of a new clutch price at the very least. The other parts you can probably pick up secondhand at a reasonable cost. If you have some reasonable DIY skills you can fit these yourself and save some money. Hope this help.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I’m guessing including the clutch and labour £300-350

My Stepson is an HGV mechanic. I’m hoping he could fit the Clutch. Have seen some kits on eBay for around £120. Not sure of the quality for that price.  
Window shouldn’t be a problem. It’s either slid off the Track or worst case it’s the motor. Wing mirror I’ll fix.  I made a point of all this to get the Price way down. Private seller, Guy just wants it gone. When I get it fixed up, I’ll upload a couple of Pics. 
Ian

... I would get a decent clutch as there's a lot of labour involved.

( A garage will charge about £800-£1,000 ).

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 12:53 PM, killie77 said:

If I can find out what’s the best Clutch for the iQ

As well as the usual big brands, a poster on here (can't remember who exactly) recently mentioned Exedy as a worthy manufacturer.  I'd not come across that brand before.

https://www.exedy.co.uk/corporate/about-us

Probably me, that's one I had fitted to one of my old diesel Yarisusesies, as I was trying to find a more heavy duty one (London stop-start traffic is murder on a manual gearbox clutch!).

TBH, the best kit would be a Toyota OE kit, but other reputable ones would be fine and probably cheaper too; Luk, Valeo, Blue Print etc.

• Like 1

Clutch is a standard item, LUK will be a very good choice (assuming it's a 1.0 619 3117 33, but you may have to buy a clutch and pressure plate 619 3117 09 and a new slave on its own purely down to parts availability) if it's a gearbox issue be aware the gearbox is unique to the IQ, Mirror 20 quid for an aftermarket one £75 for a genuine

Window mechs are a very common fault, Valeo (oem for Toyota) make a modified part

From a previous thread

"What part do you need to be aware that the regulators has an improved design (made by Valeo)"

Left - 851108

Right - 851109

Fitting destructions -

IQ win reg.pdf 298.44 kB · 31 downloads

cost wise £60-100

unless it's dirt cheap leave well alone, you're looking at £5-600 in parts, the same again in labour, a gearbox issue is likely to be another £1000 - by the sounds of it the car has been neglected so allow for a full service, fluids and potentially new brakes and tires - that cheap car doesn't look so cheap now

Also if its white look for paint issues especially on the roof and bonnet

Hi

Thanks for all the Replies. Have watched a You Tube video regarding replacing the Clutch. After watching I’ve decided to give the Car a miss. I do appreciate all the advice. 
Many Thanks

ian

• Like 3

The engine and box are a bit tight, a simple-ish job with a 2/4 post lift, i wouldn't like to do it on the ground with axel stands or ramps - there are plenty of IQs about at all prices

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links