Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number plate not recognised on car insurance

Bitch1001

I’ve got a xcite 2 , 2015 

is this the correct car , I’ve put a private plate on recently so it’s not picking my car up E81B245B-2545-4EB8-9B5D-1B804F469C6E.thumb.png.002279bf9445ad601f7bc1fed0a6be95.png

Not unusual. I still find with some sites they think my car is not an Aygo X but one I sold in March last. Even my dealer queried my car when I provided the number and it came up on their system as the previous one. This is despite the same dealer being the one who registered my Aygo in September last, put the plates on etc.! DVLC seem to update quickly but I suspect some sites use older saved copies of the data.

• Like 1

it can take anything upto 12 weeks for databases to update, usually when getting quotes it does ask if you have a private plate, - keep a note of the original reg (it will help if you need parts at a later date)

if in doubt, check the REG on askmid https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

not 100% sure what you are asking as you said it's showing the correct information, BTW (69) is the engine output

• Like 1

The insurance give 3 different options for the Aygo …was asking if I’d chose the correct one 

The problem I have hit is when it asks for a note of the previous reg number there never was one and it does recognise the car. However most times I am getting insurance quotes and there is a work around.

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

We have the option of entering vehicles which don't appear on the usual databases manually into the system.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links