Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bosch aero wipers on a T27 Avensis

Mark S.

Hello,

I bought a new wiper blade for my 59-plate T27 Avensis off eBay. It is this one here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233127016513

The problem is that none of the adapters fit snug like the old Valeo wiper blade. The closest fit I could get was adapter 2 and it looks like the first two photos. 

The original Valeo wiper is shown in photo 3.

Do I need to buy another adapter for the Bosch wipers so it fits completely? I've tested the wipers and they work but I don't think they look very secure.

Thanks

54760.jpg

54762.jpg

54761.jpg

33 minutes ago, Mark S. said:

Do I need to buy another adapter for the Bosch wipers so it fits completely? I've tested the wipers and they work but I don't think they look very secure.

The wipers in the Bosch A539S kit are ready to fit without the use of adapters. Unfortunately for me and others, they sometimes are not quite correct and either will not slide in far enough for the locking button to pop-up, or if they do slide in far enough for the button to pop-up, they are worryingly loose. I am still surprised at this because as I mentioned earlier, I have used Bosch wipers for years because they have always fitted well, worked well and lasted a long time. The wipers I have just bought from Toyota fit perfectly with no play, work well and if anything like the old ones, should last a long time. I know which brand I will be buying in future!

• Like 1

Many years ago, I made the mistake of buying Bosch Aero universal fit wipers - individual AU blades for each side. They worked for a little while but were noisy. They got worse within months, so I got a set of Bosch Aero A539S blades. The performance of the A539S is great for years. I manage to get the blades from the Bosch AU blades and fit them into the old Bosch Aero A539S blades, and those wipers worked well. 

What I know is, quality rubber blades with correct fittings as in the Bosch Aero A539S, is the only way to go. I just bought a spare set of Bosch Aero, even though the current set has been on the car for a few years. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links