Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak issue

Colettes

I have 2014 Toyota aygo noticed boot has puddle of water when it rains, roof of driver back door is wet too, so we have established it's coming in there somewhere and running down side into boot, iv changed seals on boot that's not the issue, thinking maybe the seal of back door, has anyone had any issues with theirs or know what it could possibly be? 

First generation Aygo or second generation?

First - 

image.thumb.png.5b06a29ec68304fb6b76e23a31c9c2a8.png

Second - 

image.thumb.png.8258bbbeae46f9bddfbd2b318ffd6b06.png

Hi Colette, I don't have an Aygo but you could check the rubber seals around the wires that come out of the roof into the top of the hatchback door. Sometimes the seals allow water to pass into the roof space.

You would need to lift the headlining down at the back to have a look 👍

• Like 1

Hi there Collettes.

My partner has the the first generation Citroen C1, essentially the same as the Aygo.

All the early Aygo's suffer from leaky seals around the high level brake light lens, the rear light clusters and their are seals hidden behind the rear bumper.

Looking at where that water has got in you have at least a leak from the high level brake light. The light fitting can be taken out easily, only two screws, the old seal removed and all cleaned back to paintwork and the plactic fitting and then sealed with a goos silicone type sealer.

• Like 2

When I first tackled the leaks on my partners car I put it down to the rubber tail gate seals and changed them. Made very little difference.

That water mark on the rear interior trim is extremely high and the high level brake light a likely cause if you have the first generation Aygo.

• Like 2

Thank you, I will check that, guy at work siliconed all the boot seal but today woke up with a puddle again so definitely not the boot seal, it's frustrating coz the garage has sold me the car like this in March but coz it was start of summer never noticed water getting in untill now we have more rain

Having cured this in the past and looking at the images my advise is start with the high level brake light. If there's still water getting in the boot after that move down to the rear light clusters and remove the old seals, clean them back and reseal with silicone. The three light fittings are the easiest to deal with!

If you still have water getting inside it will mean removing the rear bumper and resealing the around the rubber air vent seals hidden by the bumper that have been known to leak.

I thought it was coming in from somewhere at top since roof is wet at door lol numpty I am lol

Have a look at this video of youtube, it will give you a good idea of how to tackle it.

• Like 1

Check this youtube effort as it shows how to tackle the seals on the vents behind the rear bumper.

He's really funny and so dry but shows exactly how to do it.

High level brake light and the two little bump stops that the rear glass close down on are the favourite ones for leaks high up 

• 4 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Colettes said:

Thank you so much, I'll see if I can get someone to look at it 

Hi there, I'm currently dealing with the same issue - 2nd generation. Do you have an update?

• 1 year later...
On 4/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, darknessa said:

Hi there, I'm currently dealing with the same issue - 2nd generation. Do you have an update?

Hi guys.

2nd gen aygo boot leak. Any updates 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links