Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold weather query with Yaris Hybrid...

Malcolm Preen

Toyota hybrids has the faster engine warm up from all cars with ice. The engine can adjust timing or cycle work to warm up quickly with or without load to regenerate electric power. It’s a magic and they are handle cold very well, obviously the efficiency suffers a bit but not as much as in bev. If any car owner turn off heating completely or set temperature below 20C° then in cold weather the engine might never reach normal temperature or easily loose temp especially when car been used in town at low speeds. The only time when I turn off my hvac is when I want to select ev mode to swap parking places or use air compressor to pump up the tyres, any other times is set and forget 22C° no AC. 

• Like 3

Oh yes Tony, you have refreshed my memories. I have read some articles about the different engine operating modes, for example, to heat up the engine real quickly. Too many technologies about these hybrid vehicles when you go a little under the skin. This is why I hate when someone just criticizes something but doesn't understand the real reason why things are made in a certain way.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links