Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just had MOT and spent a grand in twelve months on repairs and replacements?

Mike 2121

Is this normal for a ten year old Auris with only 64k ?

Some of it down to corrosion i think.

Was it still cheaper than leasing a young car ?

• Sad 1

Depends what the repairs and replacements were .....

Any detail?

• Like 1

Who knows.?...depends on what was done/needed...but 1k doesn't buy much these days.

Have you any receipts for the work done that you can post. How long have you owned  the car and was there any history along with previous MOT's that showed any corrosion advisories.🤔

I think this was not a good deal and not what to expect from a Toyota hybrid no matter if bought new or used. All the cost to you should have been a regular service which can be as little as £90 if diy or whatever is at dealer up to £300+ If major one needed. Anything more than that means that something was wrong with the car at the time of purchase.
When we bought our first Auris in 2015 the car needed new brakes all around as it was seating long without use and the brakes were in bad shape with a lots of corrosion. The seller reduced the price by £300 and I had taken care of the brakes myself. The tyres were ok but mixture of different brands which is not to my like, replaced with all new rubbers and wheel alignment. That’s was pretty much all as the car was already serviced at Toyota dealer. 
Next Auris bought in 2019 was a disaster. Needed tons of work and the dealer screwed my gf with promises but nothing done. Then we returned the car to be all fixed £1000 + worth of work and they did all for her plus free 5 year warranty, but all that done within a week after collecting the car. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mike 2121 said:

Is this normal for a ten year old Auris with only 64k ?

Some of it down to corrosion i think.

It would be useful/informative to other Auris owners if you would be so good as to list what work has been done.

Also, is yours an  >2012 (Mk1),  or a 2012> (Mk2)?

2012 was the model changeover year, most were Mk1, but which one is yours?

Ta.

• Like 3

I bought a 2nd hand Merc C180 20 years ago, 4,000 miles only.  It went in for its first service at Listers the local Merc dealer with a brand spanking new showroom.  The Service was £400 and my contribution to their new showroom was £654. It waz new in 1999 and according to Listers due its first MOT in 2001.

Needless to say I never went near them until 2020 when I bought a, Toyota from them. 

• Like 3

You do have to be a bit careful with Toyotas, esp. some older models, as if they're not looked after by the owner they are vulnerable to rust.

• Like 2

Can't really moan can i ? Had car 3 years, and for first 2 years barely spent anything 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:45 PM, Cyker said:

You do have to be a bit careful with Toyotas, esp. some older models, as if they're not looked after by the owner they are vulnerable to rust.

I agree. Even Auris 2, 2016 that is fully covered under the body, I still have to deal with rust on the nuts and bolts on the rear stabilizer links.  I actually do not need to remove rusted top bolt for the stabilizer link, only the rubber bottom bushing and they are very easy to be removed when the car is leveled with jack-stand.  I also have rust issue on the front brake disc and cause uneven wear on the pads.  Everything else are not rusty even I have regular winter with few days of snow+salt on the  road.  

I do not need to apply any rust protection yet, just pressure wash the underbody after the snow melts. Newer Corolla have plastic caps on the bolts/nuts and I believe it is very clever cheap solution. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links