Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Location Blend Door Acurator - Toyota Auris Touring Sports 1.8

Hasselhoff

Good day,

I hope I've come to the right place. Unfortunately a small fire extinguisher exploded in the glove compartment.
The issue is that the stuff that was in the extinguisher is spilled in all the electronics parts behind the glove compartment.
This was leading to faulty key reception and airco issues.

The key issues seems to be fixed after cleaning some of the contacts. But the airco unit is not working well.
Problem is the temperature keeps blowing hot air no matter what temperature is set. The mode for the airflow is working good only the temperature change is failing.
I looked on the internet and I think the problem is the Blend Door Acurator.

Does anybody know where to find this part? I tried to find some manuals but I cant find the right one. I can't split the temerature for the driver and passenger so I don't know if there is just one or two of these acurators.

Hi Henk,

Take a look at this topic that was posted a few years ago on here.

Thank you. I find it difficult to see where it is located. Is this om the passengers side? So there are two acurators? One one the driver side and and on the passenger side? Or both on the passenger side?

Sorry Henk can't be much assistance on your question, I saw your post and googled Blend door actutators out of interest and that topic came up. 

Flash22 is the man to ask!! He's about in here lots so likely to pick up on your post.

Might also be an idea for you also post on that topic, make sure to use the "Quote" option and he should get notified you quoted him in a post.

• Like 1

Would be good if you could let me know if you get this resolved Henk.

Ah just noticed you've posted on that older topic!!  👍

image.thumb.png.50d2f11f4500bb0eefd6d02f8db1d042.png

Yellow is recirculation actuator

Green is direction actuator

Pink are air mix ( temperature ) actuators

• 2 months later...

Goodmorning.

Sorry for the delay regarding this issue. Unfortunately this problem was a bit too complicated and I have brought my car to the Toyota garage.
After a few tests the first step was indeed to change the servo for the temperature (the servo for the airflow direction was already changed).

After the servo was changed there was a bit more movement but not as it supposed to be. Further investigation was needed and the saw that the cables were damaged by the foam. After replacing a bunch of cable the problem is solved for now.

Thank your for pointing me in the right direction!
Fingers crossed that the problem will stay away now,

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links