Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 months with my iQ & 1 new exhaust later...

TomToyota94

Hey iQ family,

I hope everyone is enjoying their festive break?

I am just over 2 months with my 2009 iQ, its a lovely purple on purple 1.0L automatic. Sadly it required a new exhaust to get through its MOT, so I am about £547 lighter this month. (I seem to be cursed with Japanese cars as my Lexus SC 430 needed a new one in September). 

I managed to get my radio pre-sets sorted out so I am no longer scrolling between static. (thanks to those of you who helped with that).

Anyways, I made this short update video on my wee iQ if anyone wishes to see it.

All the best for 2023, Thomas.

• Like 4

Looks nice especially with the chrome highlights.

Wish you well with it in 2023 😃

• Like 1

How do you find the headlights at night?

For me it's the weak point...

3 hours ago, PCM said:

How do you find the headlights at night?

For me it's the weak point...

Funnily enough I've just bought two new bulbs from Halfords to try and address this very issue!

FE830F2C-834F-46AF-A31E-47FB5111BD16.thumb.jpeg.8f435576588f893cc9a7944e75590426.jpeg

Edited by Touring_Dave
Too early in the year to spell properly 🤣
  • Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 2:20 PM, Touring_Dave said:

Funnily enough I've just bought two new bulbs from Halfords to try and address this very issue!

FE830F2C-834F-46AF-A31E-47FB5111BD16.thumb.jpeg.8f435576588f893cc9a7944e75590426.jpeg

Quick update, have finally had the opportunity to drive the iQ with the new bulbs fitted.

100% brighter? Perhaps by some technical measurement of lumens but to my 56 year old eyes they don't exactly make night seem like day.

To give some context my normal drive is a Mini Clubman Exclusive with LED lights whilst the iQ is my daughter's daily driver; to expect similar lighting performance is not realistic.

If needing to replace one or more bulbs and Halfords is convenient then I guess they are fine but to my mind these couldn't be described as an upgrade.

To conclude, money would probably be better spent on some official Toyota bulbs.

David.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, Touring_Dave said:

...To conclude, money would probably be better spent on some official Toyota bulbs.

David.

That's my conclusion also.

I suspect my bulbs are the originals, so 8 years old, and have simply deteriorated over time.

Having looked at other bulbs and their reviews, I think I'd rather go with 'originals'.

Not sure they will be cheap though!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PCM said:

That's my conclusion also.

I suspect my bulbs are the originals, so 8 years old, and have simply deteriorated over time.

Having looked at other bulbs and their reviews, I think I'd rather go with 'originals'.

Not sure they will be cheap though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/4013176353

Ouch 💷💷💷

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, Touring_Dave said:

Quick update, have finally had the opportunity to drive the iQ with the new bulbs fitted.

100% brighter? Perhaps by some technical measurement of lumens but to my 56 year old eyes they don't exactly make night seem like day.

To give some context my normal drive is a Mini Clubman Exclusive with LED lights whilst the iQ is my daughter's daily driver; to expect similar lighting performance is not realistic.

If needing to replace one or more bulbs and Halfords is convenient then I guess they are fine but to my mind these couldn't be described as an upgrade.

To conclude, money would probably be better spent on some official Toyota bulbs.

David.

A further update, did a headlight Polish / refurbishment with an Autoglym Kit (bought from Halfords but stocked everywhere / Internet) and this saw a much bigger improvement in brightness.

Well worth the time spent 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links