Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Avensis touch screen not fully working

AvensisWales

Hello,

The touch screen on my 2016 Avensis started to play up about two years ago and became very fussy to activate buttons when touched, but it did eventually work when pressed enough times! Today I got in the car and tried to set the satnav and found half my touch screen simply did not work, some buttons worked, most did not.

Is anybody able to help me with this?

I have added a picture of my touch screen and the surrounding buttons so you can get an idea of my screen type. (not sure it helps?).

Many thanks.

Rob.

IMG_5538.JPG

If the touch itself does'nt work, i would disconnect the multimedia, you can do it by taking out the fuse out and wait some houres and then put it back again turn it on and try, if it stsy the same, it needed to replace all of it.

• Like 1

I have the same Satnav also 2016. My touchscreen is "fussy", I find I need to touch right at the bottom of the area defined by a software button. It makes entering a postcode fiddly but still use able. If you find a fix I would be interested to know what it is 

I have the pre facelift model with the Touch 2 Go.

It has developed a similar issue that sometimes it is reluctant to accept a touch and you have to touch at the bottom of the highlighted area, and it may choose to cooperate.

I don't use the media system very much, and the satnav is a little out of date (plus mobile phones do that business) so if it doesn't get solved it's not a massive issue.

Not intending to replace the whole unit, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power, but I would be interested if you solve this!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dava said:

I have the pre facelift model with the Touch 2 Go.

It has developed a similar issue that sometimes it is reluctant to accept a touch and you have to touch at the bottom of the highlighted area, and it may choose to cooperate.

I don't use the media system very much, and the satnav is a little out of date (plus mobile phones do that business) so if it doesn't get solved it's not a massive issue.

Not intending to replace the whole unit, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power, but I would be interested if you solve this!

Is there not a way to go into settings to do a system restore on these headunits .I have a 2014 one and we'll tbh the touchscreen is something 2 be desired for.tbh rather have buttons .when I'm selecting music from my usb pen u have to touch belough where u want as the touchscreen will choose higher up if u touch where it should be plus it's slow as well. In fairness the Toyota touch 2 system is junk.i only use my headunit for playing from usb pen and dab radio other than that would not be fked with it 

• 2 weeks later...

HI...I had what I thought was a small issue ...that I do not hear a beep anymore when speed camera coming up! After asking for it to be solved when serviced......car came back with message that unit is not working properly. Helpful.......not.

Now cannot use half the buttons as no response. Will try the fuse idea....but hope not to have to replace as so expensive.

Toyota 2015 avensis

1 hour ago, JEM123 said:

HI...I had what I thought was a small issue ...that I do not hear a beep anymore when speed camera coming up! After asking for it to be solved when serviced......car came back with message that unit is not working properly. Helpful.......not.

Now cannot use half the buttons as no response. Will try the fuse idea....but hope not to have to replace as so expensive.

Toyota 2015 avensis

i cant understand why the toyota headunit system is so so junk as tbh my touch 2 system it i dont think is great the touchscreen screen and touch picks always the wrong things when i push what i want.but tbh end of the day going by seeing the 2014 Speakers kina stands to sence its junk as the Speakers were like as if cut from a cornflakes box . i did the speaker upgrade and put in a class d amp which is a great job. but my headunit is something to be desired of .i would not like to think what the sat nav is like i never used it as i found the touch screen junk on other radio things. wel the dab+ works great and playing music from my usb flashdrive is good and bluetooth is good so other than that i  just deal with the headunit. would love to go with one  of those android pioneer systems but to much money for me to be bothered with and plus some useless sbag might smash my window to steal it out of the car 

On 1/5/2023 at 4:34 AM, avensis_2018 said:

If the touch itself does'nt work, i would disconnect the multimedia, you can do it by taking out the fuse out and wait some houres and then put it back again turn it on and try, if it stsy the same, it needed to replace all of it.

Hi,

could you advise on where to find the fuse for the touch screen? My problem is slightly different as my screen went black and it doesn't even switch on anymore. I fought it might be blown fuse but after checking the manual I couldn't find the one which is for the touch screen.

Many thanks

Pawel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links