Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota App- Find my car

Issybear

Anyone experience the Toyota app telling them a wrong car location?

Car is in garage for repair and has appeared to move - first a mile  and then 4 miles ( Leeds to Castelford) 

• Like 2

Has the mileage shown in the app changed, or just the location?

Yes, sometimes a few streets out and others times miles many away. I think that sometimes the car can not get a fix when the car is started and posts the last fix as the location.

Example, I’m home and the car is located in the supermarket car park 4 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Issybear said:

Car is in garage for repair and has appeared to move - first a mile  and then 4 miles ( Leeds to Castelford) 

It's not unknown for the car to report that it is still at a previous location - either because of a delay in reporting or because a trip is completely missed. But I've never known the car to report that it has gone off on a trip on it's own. Do these one mile and four mile 'jaunts' show up as trips in MyT in their own right? If it has appeared to move from where you left it (rather than just not having got there yet) I would begin to suspect that it has actually moved ... 😞

• Thanks 1

Ellie, you say the car is in for repairs.  The garage my have driven it to find the fault and then to check it is fixed. 

Always the case with mine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Ellie, you say the car is in for repairs.  The garage my have driven it to find the fault and then to check it is fixed. 

Always the case with mine. 

This is highly likely the answer - depending on what repairs the vehicle was left with the garage for. 

Thanks everyone

The car was taken to the body shop and showed at the garage for a day or so and only afterwards did the app tell me it was in different locations 

Garage insist it hasn’t moved but I’ve never known this happen before and have my doubts 

25 minutes ago, Issybear said:

Garage insist it hasn’t moved but I’ve never known this happen before and have my doubts 

Now there's a surprise 😁

As many of us have observed before, the dealership normally put the car in some sort of maintenance mode so you normally get no updates on location or trips while it is in their care, or for 24 hours after.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 1:41 PM, Issybear said:

Have you seen Ferris Buellers Day Off, where they leave the parent's classic Ferrari at the car park valet? It might be like that. 🤷😉

• Haha 1

Seriously though the find my car has been pretty accurate for me. Usually within 2 houses of location accuracy. Not done anything weird so far but the location reporting will only be as good as the last GNSS (incl. GPS) signal. I expect in will go pear shaped around urban canyons and in valleys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links