Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimedia security lock password

newtotoyota123

Hi everyone, yesterday I have swapped my previous car for 2021 Toyota C-HR GR Sport. All seems good to me except multimedia system. When checking the car the multimedia system had "Enter You Security Password" message. Without entering the password the multimedia device would not load. Only reverse cam works. The seller claimed that her wife set up the password and he will send me the password after checking with his wife (he tried calling her, but she didn't answer). He still hasn't sent me the password. 

So my question is - is it possible to reset the password somehow if he will not send me the password in the end? Thanks!

PXL-20230119-120505338.jpg

You sure that's a 2021 C-HR?

That's the Smart Connect system screen & that was fitted for the 2022 model year on C-HR.

If the previous owner cannot provide the password then it will be a trip to Toyota main dealer.

The security system only activates if the owner has first set it up ( the default is OFF ) then the system will only prompt for the password if the 12 volt Battery goes flat / disconnected OR the multimedia unit is removed from the vehicle. 

Hmm... Do you know when 2022 models with Smart Connect System became available? My car was first registered in June 2021. 

Also, how easy is it to retrofit Smart Connect? Maybe the previous owner retrofitted it? 

The press release announcing Smart Connect fitment for C-HR & Corolla 22MY was published 2nd December 2021

2022 Toyota C-HR and Corolla: What's changed? - Toyota UK Magazine

Does it have Hybrid badges fitted on the front wings?

No idea on retrofitting it to a earlier vehicle as the Smart Connect system is still pretty new.

100% genuine vehicle, all the many visible VINs, engine number & number plates all match the details on the V5C?

If the previous owner cant provide the security lock password your going to have to visit a Toyota Main dealer & ask the service desk for advise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links