Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid coaching in app

Nixy

Hi. I have noticed lately that not all my journeys are registered in the hybrid coaching section of the my T app. My car is a 2020 yaris mk4 hybrid. Any similar experiences and reasons why? Thanks. 

Nick, yes lots.  Missing trips, car shown at distant locations etc. 

Why?  Software issues?  Server overload?  Communication drop out? 

One definite problem is the data communication module dumps after you switch off.  This records 2 000 data points, its maximum capacity, so anything over this is not sent to the server.  In general you will reach 2,000 data points just over 3 hours driving.  If you do stop inside 3 hours, switch off and the existing data will be uploaded. 

Lots of chatter here on MyT. 

Thanks Roy. The last couple of days I have taken 4 trips of no more than an hour to an hour and a half. None registered on the app. I wonder if it is just Toyota or other brands experience the same problem. 

Update. Since last Friday, the myT app has stopped registering any car motion data at all. Have emailed the toyota app people for an explanation and will also call the dealer tomorrow. Stay tuned. 

I confirm MyT application outages
sometimes the app records the rides, sometimes it doesn't
overall stats are now useless

On 1/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, Nixy said:

Thanks Roy. The last couple of days I have taken 4 trips of no more than an hour to an hour and a half. None registered on the app. I wonder if it is just Toyota or other brands experience the same problem. 

Curiously, two days after I sent my spreadsheet showing missing trips the data appeared in MyT.  This happened once before when they asked for a specific details of one trip. 

I think the data is uploaded but not then available to MyT. 

Keep taking the pills and keep reporting to Toyota. 

It’s fairly useless, I’m finding only one trip in four is being recorded, however some trips do eventually appear after about a week.

Anyone know if there a way of uploading the information directly from the car to your phone?

Same here, sometime the trips shown up after a few minutes, and sometimes it takes a week. Some trips never appear in the app. Not super important to me, the app even tells you the data have only informative character, not precise data.

I wouldn't get too attached to this anyway; You can bet your donkey they'll shut down the server in a few years time and it'll stop working anyway.

Anything Cloud-based is only temporary unless there's a subscription charge (And even then it's not guaranteed!).

then I have to ask myself:
How safe is it to open and close the car via this system?
Is it possible for the car to start by itself?
What if I come to the car and it's unlocked and I don't know?

Basically every new car have this funcionality. No worry about safety much. I unlock my car for delivery man to put the package into the car and then I lock the car remotelly.

Dala, the car will remote start when you start the conditioning.  The motor switches off as soon as you unlock.  What happens if you try to start the conditioning when the car is unlocked I don't know. 

1 hour ago, ISL said:

It’s fairly useless, I’m finding only one trip in four is being recorded, however some trips do eventually appear after about a week.

Anyone know if there a way of uploading the information directly from the car to your phone?

Shaun, that's  true.  Unless it is accurate and complete it is no more than a gimmick. 

As for downloading from the car, I don't think so.  Your phone only connects via the server. What I did find though is the download data is more complete than that shown in MyT. 

Locations are shown by a full address even when MyT does not show any address.  Start and stop times are to the second. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links