Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris MK4 2023 wireless car play not working

Has anyone experience the wireless Apple car play not working in the Yaris with the new multimedia system? I'm pretty sure it's identical to the new Yaris Cross too. Sometimes it will connect and sometimes it won't. I've tried restarting the car and it doesn't seem to fix it. I've also gone into the settings in the system to disconnect and reconnect the phone with also going into my iPhone settings and turning off and on the bluetooth and wifi again. Any thoughts?

I’ve had the same issue a few times, usually restarting the system by pressing and holding the top left home button for a few seconds until it restarts cures it. 

Once however after a iPhone update i had to reset the system to factory settings and then re connect my phone. But this clears the whole thing you lose any stored favourites and will have to re register with the MyT app. 

My biggest annoyance is with car play sat nav not registering my position can drive for miles and it will not move until I open my phone and manually start the app on my phone. Does it with all mapping apps have tried google maps , waze, Apple Maps and Tom Tom.   

Apple bluetooth is flaky at times, it is partially bad when used with lightning, try a better quality cable

also, the low <500ma USB doesn't help

Jake, see your dealer.  Mine sorted out a connection problem is 30 seconds.

Could be the MyT app sometimes it just won’t login. But when you try later it does. 
It worked ok when I did the factory reset. But when I first got the car it wouldn’t connect for the sales person doing the handover, ended up telling me to try later and to bring it back if it didn’t work, which it did when I tried the next day. I found it only worked if I selected the key and not my phone as the login device when asked.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:00 AM, flash22 said:

Apple Bluetooth is flaky at times, it is partially bad when used with lightning, try a better quality cable

also, the low <500ma USB doesn't help

Just what I thought, tried scanning the QR code again today and managed to connect the car again to the app. I think the wireless car play is occasionally still having issues so will have to use it with a cable if it doesn't improve.

Wireless AC uses BT to initialize a Wi-Fi connection, so there are a few factors in play, try setting up the AC in a different location as there could be localized interference (in built-up areas 2.4ghz are extremely crowded)

20 hours ago, JakesYarisHybrid said:

Thanks for your help. Perhaps I need to wait 24 hours or so between scanning the QR code again. The app also seems to be temperamental at times.

There is a setting in MyT IIRC that my dealer accessed that did the trick.  So fast I could not follow. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links