Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross wheel nuts

wareman

Can anybody tell me if Yaris Cross wheel nuts are the same as for the Yaris.

My Yaris Cross was not supplied with locking wheel nuts.

13 hours ago, wareman said:

Can anybody tell me if Yaris Cross wheel nuts are the same as for the Yaris.

My Yaris Cross was not supplied with locking wheel nuts.

Yes it’s the same but your dealer should have them, they are part of a kit that completes the car at delivery.  

• Like 1

Yeah, that is a really bizarre oversight. Usually they're pre-fitted and the box is left in the glovebox or passenger seat...

Maybe the dealer just forgot to fit a set at PDI 

Does the dealer fit them?? I assumed they were fit at factory or when they arrived at Burnaston!

As the lock nut box comes with the key and four nuts, the nuts removed when the lock nuts were installed, I can't think why the factory would have fitted them. 

• Like 1

It used to be the dealer but everything went crazy in covid to ease the amount of contact.   I know with a Mazda there is a pack that comes separately to the car for security reasons.  It’s got the main fuses, the card for the infotainment system, stencils for window etching and the wheel locks.  Do people still steal wheels or is it a Thatcham thing?

• Like 1

I can't imagine it's that common these days; It's been a few decades since I've last seen the old car-up-on-bricks-minus-wheels thing, even in the dodgier places I go! :laugh: 

I think you do need the locknuts on alloys just for insurance tho' - If you don't and the alloys get nicked, I bet they'd refuse to cover on the grounds that they weren't secured or something. The might even refuse cover full stop if they find out they're missing! (If MoreThan can refuse cover just because I changed to steel rims I can imagine that happening too!)

• Haha 1

I have never seen the use of locking wheel nuts as part of an insurance policy Ts & Cs.

That doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere. I doubt they are factory fit anyway so they might argue they are a non factory modification?

I'm going to read through my policy right now because my alloy wheels are not protected by a special nut.:ermm:

Just be aware I'm just being grumpy and pessimistic and everything I said may or may not be true; It's likely a bit of a grey area as it's probably not something that comes up very often (Like my downgrading to steel rims, which has stumped every insurance agent I've spoken to so far :laugh: )

One the one hand I suspect there isn't a specific clause in the T&Cs regarding locking nuts/bolts, but they could also argue it was an undeclared deviation from factory spec if it originally came with them. (Some insurance companies are extremely fastidious about anything that could be construed a modification; I've heard of people whose insurance companies tried to get out of a claim because their car had decals on them - It turns out you actually have to declare such trivial things if they weren't on there from the factory!! :eek: )

Just had a read. Nothing re alloys requiring locking nuts.

Ins. companys are sneaky beggars though and will try to invent anything as an excuse to decline a claim. Yes, grumpy and pessimistic too!

Totally off topic, but a couple of years ago an insurance company couldn't offer a policy because I had a Dashcam which I fitted myself. In comparison to a previous insurer discounting a policy because of a fitted Dashcam.

Yes!!! Before the guidelines were changed, it was all over the place re dashcams; Some insurance companies still count it as a modification that must be declared if it's hard-wired in!! :wacko:

And I still remember when you couldn't have 2 sets of rims for winter and summer tyres because they'd hit you up for that too!!

I'm always a bit paranoid with them; I've always try to stick to advice I was given to never give them any excuse.

Nobody likes paying insurance.  Unlike buying a house, car or other expensive purchase, insurance is not an aspirational product and doesn’t give enjoyment as it lies dormant until you have the misfortune to make a claim or it’s time for your renewal.  Insurance is there to protect yourself, car, property, holiday, health, other third parties and anything else which is detailed in the policy.  The old saying that insurance gives you peace of mind is now challenged more often as there are so many get out clauses if you have not fully declared everything.  I am a great believer that everyone should have some form of insurance and I’m fortunate enough never to have made a claim but I always have this nagging doubt that I’m going to be penalised if I haven’t been 100% accurate to the minutest detail on anything that I want covered.  That’s my rant over!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links