Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT App

rubus

Anyone observed the MyT Climate Control function. On my iPhone it only allows a 10min selection, on my IPad it allows all three time settings. I’ve re-installed the App on the iPhone and it remains as described. It’s not a big issue however the recent cold snap 10min was only just time to assist in clearing the windscreen of ice. Hence I have to remember to grab the iPad for longer warm up!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rubus said:

Anyone observed the MyT Climate Control function. On my IPhone it only allows a 10min selection, on my IPad it allows all three time settings. I’ve re-installed the App on the iPhone and it remains as described. It’s not a big issue however the recent cold snap 10min was only just time to assist in clearing the windscreen of ice. Hence I have to remember to grab the iPad for longer warm up!

What iPhone are you using and is it up to date?

Quick question.  Can I upgrade the MyT app to include the function of pre heating the car before starting.  I have a Yaris Cross design model which doesn’t have this facility.

5 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Quick question.  Can I upgrade the MyT app to include the function of pre heating the car before starting.  I have a Yaris Cross design model which doesn’t have this facility.

No - the My T app will only offer the functions your vehicle actually supports. 

Jake, For info regarding the iPhone type etc it’s an SE with IOS 16.2, so right up to date. I’ve sent a query to Toyota as suggested by Roy this morning. 

Would an OBD scanner and diagnostic tool make any difference to the function?

18 hours ago, Jimota said:

Would an OBD scanner and diagnostic tool make any difference to the function?

No, I don't think it would. Toyota seem to be removing this option from the app. I had it on my 2021 Dynamic and although it was there on my 2022 GR Sport, it disappeared within hours! 
I suspect it may be something to do with it being illegal to leave a vehicle running, unattended, on anything other than private land. They 'may' just be removing the temptation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlJ said:

No, I don't think it would. Toyota seem to be removing this option from the app. I had it on my 2021 Dynamic and although it was there on my 2022 GR Sport, it disappeared within hours! 
I suspect it may be something to do with it being illegal to leave a vehicle running, unattended, on anything other than private land. They 'may' just be removing the temptation. 

And you may need to uninstall your App and install it again.  

When I was in the dealership ordering/test driving the Yaris cross, the salesperson said she used this feature to warm the car , it was their demonstrator so I assume it’s still on

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

And you may need to uninstall your App and install it again.  

First thing I tried. It didn't return. 

30 minutes ago, AlJ said:

First thing I tried. It didn't return. 

Somebody said the GR doesn’t have it but I don’t see why.  

Well the update on mine today to the DCM fixed half of the issues. It properly updates the car's lock state and location but remote climate control errors.

Back to MyT support I go!

Jake, For info regarding the iPhone type etc it’s an SE with IOS 16.2, so right up to date. I’ve sent a query to Toyota as suggested by Roy this morning. 

follow up to my original topic, i e mailed Toyota UK and heard nothing, however, tried the iPhone MyT App today and I can now select 10,15 and 20 min on the Climate selection. Don’t ask me how they sorted it but Hurrah, back OK now.

just for information to other’s queries I have a 2003 Toyota Cross GR Sport and it seems some models appear to not have the feature. 

Correction to my car details it’s a 2023 Model, not 2003!
Yet another mature moment!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links