Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall for MyT app issues, DCM update needed

Campblor

I started noticing an issue with the MyT app wherein it won't show the latest data from the car, remote climate not working, indicator flash and location not working. Unknown errors flagging in the app etc.

Emailed Toyota and there is an apparent recall and update required for this issue. Nice of them to let me know, eh? Getting it updated on Friday will feed back.

Anyone else having the same issue? 2021 reg MK4 Dynamic. 

• Like 1

It's NOT a recall, It's a TSB - Technical service bulletin, They are only applied if the customer has an issue or specifies they require the fix, if applicable

A Recall is usually a Safety related issue

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's NOT a recall, It's a TSB - Technical service bulletin, They are only applied if the customer has an issue or specifies they require the fix, if applicable

Their wording in their email is wrong then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

@flash22, are these ‘updates’ automatically applied (or updated software installed) on new build cars ?

• Like 1

My car is booked in for the 7th February - the dealer mentioned it to me when I was on the phone for an unrelated issue and suggested I arrange an appointment. 

• Like 1

yes usually production 9/10 times have the newest firmware but that all depends on the parts batch at the factory, things like that should be picked up at the main facility (Burnaston) or at PDI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the update to the DCM fixed half of the issues. It properly updates the car's lock state and location but remote climate control errors.

Back to MyT support I go!

Hi I have CHR GR 2.0 which I  took delivery June 2022. Yesterday I have been told   by Toyota my CHR needs a DCM update as the MY T app is missing trips  and the location is wrong most of the time the ony thing works is the mileage and the fuel percentage. 

• Thanks 1

Tried it again today and everything is working as it should. Must have needed for it to sort itself out after the update.

I can do Aircon, remote lock, location and flash the lights 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, Campblor said:

I started noticing an issue with the MyT app wherein it won't show the latest data from the car, remote climate not working, indicator flash and location not working. Unknown errors flagging in the app etc.

Emailed Toyota and there is an apparent recall and update required for this issue. Nice of them to let me know, eh? Getting it updated on Friday will feed back.

Anyone else having the same issue? 2021 reg MK4 Dynamic. 

Hi I had a issue with my drive side indicator flashing rapidly so broke it in whilst in I was told there would be a DCM update carried out as well which has been done, they took of the right side wing mirror and tested it eventually they found a hairline crack in the wing mirror indicator cover to be replaced at a cost to me of £453.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:21 PM, RacC said:

Did it still work more than 15 minutes after closing the car? 

Seems intermittent. It's now showing the car location whenever I refresh.

Flashing the indicators and Aircon have worked the last two times but earlier it gave me an error.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a recall letter this morning telling me that there was a DCM software update for my vehicle.

Due a service in the next few weeks so will get it done then.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links