Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit swap

Ecto2

20230128_163139.thumb.jpg.dc7d23885bcaf7d356be239765346547.jpg

Greetings fellow IQ owners.

I'm in the process of changing the headunit in my IQ3. The original toyota unit is a tad dated so I've got a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB.

You'll see from the picture it's fits nicely into the original toyota unit space.

I got the wiring harness to connect this new head unit, DAB radio antenna. I'm suspecting to gain access to the A pillar for correct fitting I'll need to loosen the dash off to get it. Time will tell.

I'm adding in a reversing camera as well!

The last thing to get is another fascia as there is a gap on each side when I put the trim unit over the top.

I think I've seen the correct one, does anyone have experience of the correct one? Very narrow along the top with thicker side parts?

I also thought I'll drill a small hole down by the 12v socket for the usb connection. I'll pop a gromit surround on that to make it neat and tidy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The surrounds are made by Celsus Ice - AFC6058 (old number - 13890)

https://celsusice.co.uk/brands-new/toyota/fascia-toyota-iq-double-din-08-post

you don't need the Toyota parts as you already have them

A pillar pops off from the top and lifts out, no need to touch the dash

drop me a pm if you require the service manual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got the DAB antenna in now.

I found taking the rubber door trip out helped to gain access to the top of the trim to pop out. There is a green hook thing which a long flat head screwdriver will help release.

20230129_132246.thumb.jpg.855732c0b901f803a94fbb472bcf12b1.jpg

20230129_134232.thumb.jpg.47fe2526da0d9429540ad59568b71485.jpg

• Like 2

Make sure you post a pic when it's finished.

• Like 1

I've got the bulk done, a few tweaks to make, I'm very happy with the result.

20230203_133626.jpg

20230203_155902.jpg

20230203_165329.jpg

20230203_170249.jpg

• Like 2

It's plug and play - even a Halford's employee can do it

you only learn by doing things

• Like 1

The surround to fill the left and right hand side gaps arrived this morning. I got it off the eBay, it was posted from Germany. The hardest part I've found was unpicking the wires for the steering wheel controls and fitting them into the new harness.

I'm very pleased with the finished article

20230206_122350.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi there - im just about to go down this road.....it looks very daunting! - i was thinking of going for an android head unit but, if this setup works with all the steering controls then i might go this way....

Looking at the pics could i ask why the console behind the steering wheel had to be removed.?

Chinese units are cheap for a reason, pay the money, you take your choice

the Chinese units need a lot of wiring to get them working correctly

I did watch a youtuber stating that "Joying" and "T'Eyes" were both very good android head units with a very high level of support. That being said that pioneer looks to fit perfectly...

The 2 android units are about 3 - 400 each so not cheap units...

Put it this way, the likes of alpine and pioneer still have parts and diagrams for 30-40 year old models Alpine has a great technical support - i still repair the odd vintage HU even slide mount tape decks

on another note these android units are basically a tablet with an amplifier, the quality of components is not that high, audio and PCB designs are 10–20 years old in some cases

• Like 1

Yep - i cant argue with that....! ill stick with the pioneer....

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered all the parts from one supplier in HK - came to 335 quid delivered but, they dont have the tell tale lights - so have to find that somewhere!

• Like 1

Turns out i can order one from Toyota Uk - next day delivery.

• Like 1

I think he said about 92....cant remember if that was plus VAT or not though....!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Ecto,
I'm trying to do the same thing in our 'new' IQ. I have the same pioneer head unit you've installed, but after getting the old unit out I noticed that the toyota connectors aren't plug and play with the provided pioneer cable.
What cable harness have you used? I've been looking, but all of them seem different. And while the old unit was attached with 8 plugs, most of the harnesses available only provide a few of these.

if you have not already, you will need a steering wheel controls adapter, and aerial adapter

CTSTY001.2

CT27AA78

• Like 1

Ive got a spare steering wheel adapter for sale if you want it...brand new, never used...i bought it thinking i needed it for my Android headunit but i did it from the unit itself...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, Comfy said:

Ik heb een reserve stuurwieladapter te koop als je die wilt... gloednieuw, nooit gebruikt... ik kocht hem omdat ik dacht dat ik hem nodig had voor mijn Android-autoradio, maar ik deed het vanaf het apparaat zelf...

Hallo Andy, lees net je bericht over de stuuradapter, heb je deze nog? Ik bezit een Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB-radio in mijn IQ. Ik wil het graag van u overnemen. Klein probleem😉Ik woon in Nederland. U !Removed! contact met mij opnemen via: bart.meijboom@hotmail.nl Ik !Removed! graag van u.

• 1 month later...

not logged in for ages... !

just translated yes ive still got the adapter but as im this late in answering i guess youve probably got one now!

• Like 1

Thanks!  I am happy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links