Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspected head gasket failure - 1.5 hybrid

Mill.69

11 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

A pair of lead insoles are called for??🤣😂🤔

Don’t despair TonyHSD, Cyker probably has a couple of spare pairs lying around somewhere 🤣😂🚘

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well my work boots do have a steel sole insert... :whistling1:

No, platform soles are still the best for sensitive operation of the throttle pedal, and flared trousers enable cooling air to flow into the local vortex.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Well my work boots do have a steel sole insert... :whistling1:

Check it out your accelerator might be magnetized 🤣😂.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Can be a struggle tho', as some hills, just keeping it at the top of Eco+ is barely enough to keep the car going up it! :laugh: 

Lol this is the main issue around where I live, as soon as I pull out of my house I have hills all around and if I didn't go into the power mode I'd soon be going backwards 🙃

I'm away with work now for a couple of weeks but will check back in then to see what can be resolved.

Also seems I need to upgrade my footwear... 💅 😳

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mill.69 said:

Lol this is the main issue around where I live, as soon as I pull out of my house I have hills all around and if I didn't go into the power mode I'd soon be going backwards 🙃

I'm away with work now for a couple of weeks but will check back in then to see what can be resolved.

Also seems I need to upgrade my footwear... 💅 😳

Same with me, I live at the bottom of a long downhill and every time I go out I need to climb uphill on fast 40mph dual carriageway. The trick is wait one minute after you have start the car before driving off in summer and wait 2-3 minutes in winter, you won’t kill efficiency at all but you will have more responsive throttle, less wear to your engine and better overall feel of the car and how it drives. On the positive side living at bottom of the hill is that my hybrid Battery is always full when going home, I can then swap parking spaces in ev mode only, inflate all 4 tyres in ev mode without using any petrol, pretty cool. 👍

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

No, platform soles are still the best for sensitive operation of the throttle pedal, and flared trousers enable cooling air to flow into the local vortex.

Those stilettos are a killer though, and they ruin the carpet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

What you need is a pair of brothel creepers - to go with your drainpipes, drapes and D.A.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Don't wear 'em anymore due to age related balance issues.

But I do remember a pal back in the 1970s who had a rover 90, the passenger side of the windscreen was scratched to hell on the inside.

He reckoned that this was due to the first owner's missis wiping condensation from the screen with the back of her diamond festooned hand.

I think he was bragging a bit though, it could just as easily have been a cheap glass cutter.

A bit like the biker I knew with a Aprilia mille,at bike meets he used to point to the ragged bit at the outer edge of the rear tyre, and say "Cadwell track day that" , unfortunately for him I had seen him crumble at 60mph on the A1, and there was clear evidence of wire brushing on the tyre.

Still,sometimes you have to be kind, so did not call him on it, others however soon brought him to tears for his bs.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

What you need is a pair of brothel creepers - to go with your drainpipes, drapes and D.A.

Did you use an antimacassar on the headrest?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Someone told me that wearing stilettos causes varicose veins.  Never tried to establish if this information was accurate.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jimota said:

Someone told me that wearing stilettos causes varicose veins.

I'd stop wearing them then if I were you.

• Haha 5

On 2/18/2023 at 7:37 PM, Phil T said:
On 2/18/2023 at 7:37 PM, Phil T said:

IRC Pulling up to the magic rounabout in Swindon circa 1977 (17 at the time) on a BSA Bantam I built from a box of bits. Went to put my foot down only to find the kicksart had gone up the leg of my flared jeans! Needless to say it didnt end well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links