Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil filter

Gary Ball

For what it's worth, I've gone back to OEM for oil and filters. Toyota is actually reasonable enough for lubricants and filters.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gary Ball said:

Hi 

I'm going to do a oil and filter service.

This is the oil https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08WH7SRF9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2IH9M5XZTY8NS&psc=1 

Was wondering where to get the oil filter and washers from cheers

I usually go for Mann-Filter or Mahle oil filters.  Your local auto parts should be able to help.

11 hours ago, Gary Ball said:

They look a bit of 'noname' parts. Could be OK but I personally would avoid.

My car is T25 1.8l and this would be my selection:

image.thumb.png.edddac22725e23e48e97abb4716a39e8.png

Cabin and air filter need replacement every 2 years but I always check first in which condition they are before doing so. They can last longer than 2 years.

I usually use oem oil filters or mann. There are also other good brands too. Anything to your like but remember do not buy original fllters and any other parts from different place than Toyota official dealer, often any other places are fake counterpart. 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.420f5082af0eae3e3f8fad7ac07b8d46.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/19/2023 at 3:20 PM, TonyHSD said:

I usually use oem oil filters or Mann. There are also other good brands too. Anything to your like but remember do not buy original fllters and any other parts from different place than Toyota official dealer, often any other places are fake counterpart. 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.420f5082af0eae3e3f8fad7ac07b8d46.jpeg

Hi, can you tell me the name or a part number of the oil filter removal tool on that picture please. 

I have owned my 1.8 Valvematic Tourer for & 7½ years and have done all the oil changes myself. I stick to the preferred oil grade of 0w20. Car hardly needs topping up between changes and I do regular checks. For oil filters I only go for known brands, though not premium. The oil I have used are Triple QX, Petronas Syntium 7000 and Smith & Allen from Amazon.   

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 10:15 PM, Seb_90 said:

Hi, can you tell me the name or a part number of the oil filter removal tool on that picture please. 

Hi, 

sorry for late reply I have seen the post since but thankfully Konrad has replied to you. I bought mine from Amazon but not available anymore, there are other sellers with similar on eBay too, just make sure it’s not the socket worth larger outside diameter as those may not fit onto the filter on the engine. The socket needs to look like this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175502991473?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=l327n0wztgg&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:03 PM, Seb_90 said:

I usually go for MANN-FILTER Oil Filter from eurocarparts. 

+1 for MANN-FILTER here.  As far as I'm aware, they do the factory originals for a few of the German brands. I used them on my DS3 as well and they were quite good quality, well packaged and consistently built. If a filter design changes too, like it did with the diesel filter in the DS3 they are good at providing the documentation to inform you that it's the correct part and how to fit it etc. 

I use Toyota parts for my Avensis. From a dealer here local to me in Northern Ireland, I was out £149.28 incl VAT for the Toyota bottle of oil, oil filter and engine air filter. Not sure how much the air filter amounted to.  If you can, I'd recommend it.  Burrows GPS on Amazon / eBay are a dealer who sells parts online at fair prices, previously got 5L + 1L of the Toyota oil from them on Amazon for £89 all in. 

You should be good with any oil though that is made to the correct spec. Maybe stretch for the Toyota filters if you can, it's truly hard to tell what you're buying online as the laws on filters aren't as strict - some of the £3 specials online are designed to last 3,000 miles but aren't obliged to promote that...  A quality brand like MANN-FILTER will ensure you don't buy crap though.  The oil is oil, the stamps on the bottle and certifications ensure the same durability across the board there - even on non heard of names as far as I'm aware. Whether or not you want to pay extra for special additives like Castrol's Magnatec magnetic ability is optional, but without it you can't go wrong still.  I buy the Toyota oil only because I bought a newer Avensis cursed with a BMW engine and even has its own special part number separate from the Toyota oil for its own diesel engines from the past few decades and one must wonder why... lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SB1500 said:

+1 for MANN-FILTER here.  As far as I'm aware, they do the factory originals for a few of the German brands. I used them on my DS3 as well and they were quite good quality, well packaged and consistently built. If a filter design changes too, like it did with the diesel filter in the DS3 they are good at providing the documentation to inform you that it's the correct part and how to fit it etc. 

I use Toyota parts for my Avensis. From a dealer here local to me in Northern Ireland, I was out £149.28 incl VAT for the Toyota bottle of oil, oil filter and engine air filter. Not sure how much the air filter amounted to.  If you can, I'd recommend it.  Burrows GPS on Amazon / eBay are a dealer who sells parts online at fair prices, previously got 5L + 1L of the Toyota oil from them on Amazon for £89 all in. 

You should be good with any oil though that is made to the correct spec. Maybe stretch for the Toyota filters if you can, it's truly hard to tell what you're buying online as the laws on filters aren't as strict - some of the £3 specials online are designed to last 3,000 miles but aren't obliged to promote that...  A quality brand like MANN-FILTER will ensure you don't buy crap though.  The oil is oil, the stamps on the bottle and certifications ensure the same durability across the board there - even on non heard of names as far as I'm aware. Whether or not you want to pay extra for special additives like Castrol's Magnatec magnetic ability is optional, but without it you can't go wrong still.  I buy the Toyota oil only because I bought a newer Avensis cursed with a BMW engine and even has its own special part number separate from the Toyota oil for its own diesel engines from the past few decades and one must wonder why... lol 

20230222_164747.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gary Ball said:

20230222_164747.jpg

Excellent choice, won't let you down 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, Konrad C said:

I have owned my 1.8 Valvematic Tourer for & 7½ years and have done all the oil changes myself. I stick to the preferred oil grade of 0w20. Car hardly needs topping up between changes and I do regular checks. For oil filters I only go for known brands, though not premium. The oil I have used are Triple QX, Petronas Syntium 7000 and Smith & Allen from Amazon.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links