Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Check brake system" car won't start + diagnostic software?

Tylerdurden

My 2007 diesel Rav is turning over but refusing to start, it sounds like no fuel so I thought an injector or fuel filter is the problem. There is a check brake message on the dash tho which wasn't there before so I was wondering if the car immobilised itself for safety? Or is that not a thing on old ravs? 

I've got a mini-VCI j2534 connector for diagnostics but I can't find the software disk, is there somewhere I can download it? 

She's been faultless until now, I put new front disks & pads on a few weeks ago so I've probably upset a sensor. 

Auto or manual, do your brake lights work ?

The techstream software is paid access from the Toyota portal

PM sent

On 2/20/2023 at 2:22 PM, flash22 said:

Auto or manual, do your brake lights work ?

The techstream software is paid access from the Toyota portal

PM sent

It's manual. I put the Battery on charge for 24 hours because I figured it would need it after trying to start the car and it was still only showing 20% charge & 12.9v charging, it's a new Battery so I don't know if it was faulty or the car wasn't charging it. Anyway I had another go at turning it over & it eventually fired up and drove. 

I'm gonna take it to get the fuel filter done & I'll get them to check the alternator. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links