Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P058ao1 hybrid health check failed

Whosthedaddy

Hi

I have a 2017 hybrid chr 1.8 40k miles

5th service today and the stealerships wanted £144 diagnostic charge. Couldn't finish the hybrid health check. 

I did say at that price I could replace the Battery myself. Left it at that with a quote for the Battery £90.

Car has no faults and has always started and gone as it should. No faults.

Could be a sensor or the actual Battery.

Any ideas on where I should look or anyone with similar faults.

If its broke should I fix this.

Many Thanks 

20230220_203254.jpg

• Like 1

Are they suggesting its the 12V Battery at fault? Has the car previously been serviced by Toyota? If so any likely fault other than the 12V Battery itself should be covered by the Relax warranty.

Most likely dead or nearly dead 12v Battery. Other than that Toyota hybrids can fail a hybrid Battery check if they have failed water pump on inverter or failure in the hybrid Battery cooling fan., rarely happened. Fully charge the 12 v battery with external smart charger and drive the car for 400+ miles than can book again check. 👍

• 1 month later...

My wife's CHR failed its Hybrid health check during a service. Due to the fact the car had not been used for about a month, the 12v Battery had gone flat and we hadn't done many miles since. We put on about 400 miles and had it retested and all was fine, and passed the health check. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links