Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A different review.

Max_Headroom

24 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

What might be better too is cruise at 62 so just above the trucks.  They tend to slow on hills, just when Toyota recommend a 5mph drop, then accelerate on a down slope while the car is running on battery or regenerating. 

Resume 62 on the next section. 

If you don’t use the cc and maintain 62mph you can loose some mph going up the hill but maintain steady throttle outside power section of power meter, then on downhill let the car goes higher than 62, 65-70mph but with minimal throttle application where engine will be either off in gen 4 and 5 or idling at around 1000-1400rpm in previous generations. Best efficiency achieved 👌

• Like 2

Well all these comments demonstrate is a complete lack of understanding about how a mild hybrid works.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Well all these comments demonstrate is a complete lack of understanding about how a mild hybrid works.  

Which comments? Last two are about Toyota hybrids. 👍

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Do enlighten us oh wise one 🤣

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Fun little cars like the MX5, S2000, MR2 etc. are worth a small fortune these days such is the demand!!

How true and I have owned 2 of those the MR2 (Mk1) from new which back in the day looked pretty amazing !

• Like 2

Tony, true, just saying that letting the truck in front do the work and the Toyota doing its thing is quite relaxing. 

• Like 2

Are we saying the cruise control can be more efficient than a human? The impression I get is it’s a bit of a blunt instrument. If you have had to slow down on auto distance management and decide to change lane to go past the guy in front, it tries to get you back up to the set speed a little too enthusiastically.

• Like 3

I find I tend to get 5-10% if I'm driving for economy vs the cruise control... but the cruise control gets better mpg than when I'm driving 'enthusiastically' :whistling1:  :laugh: 

• Like 1

Yeah, ACC is pretty good in a cross,  matching the speed of the following car very gently, or cutting speed when you approach a slow-speed vehicle.

Only if the engine has more power to get up to speed quicker, but it's a city car, not a miles eater.

• Like 1

The ACC is not perfect.  I don't notice it being over enthusiastic.  Where I do find issues is it slows and quite rapidly too as a car on front pulls off and it anticipates a crash. 

It also maintains a high cruise speed approaching slower joining traffic until it reaches the set spacing interval.  An intelligent driver will disengage ACC until cospeed is reached and manually resume the desired speed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roy124 said:

The ACC is not perfect.  I don't notice it being over enthusiastic.  Where I do find issues is it slows and quite rapidly too as a car on front pulls off and it anticipates a crash. 

It also maintains a high cruise speed approaching slower joining traffic until it reaches the set spacing interval.  An intelligent driver will disengage ACC until cospeed is reached and manually resume the desired speed. 

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head Roy.  It’s more for backing up driving rather than taking over.  The driver has to take some responsibility and take control of it.  Some people are indignant about having to be there.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links