Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TRC off light comes on every 5 secs

arjanvirdi

Hello. This randomly happens when driving, mainly when driving a lot or through hilly areas with braking. The TRC off comes on the dash where the digital speedo is. It keeps coming on after I press back. Its not a faulty button as when stopped for 10 mins or so, i can press the button on and off as usual. The light doesn't emit when i press traction off, just shows in the middle, only when held, it shows and comes on as normal.

Thanks

20230227_103955.jpg

Driving through hills, but how do you drive? ,  a spirited with a lots of hard braking and going into bents at speeds ? 
Traction control turning off for some reason and one of this can be brakes overheating.  
If the brake fluid start boiling the system may detects that and turn off itself for some time until brakes cool down a bit to prevent pad fading and lost of stopping power.
Next time when happens just leave it and keep driving normally and see if the traction control turns on by itself. 
If you have a system malfunction you will be greeted by yellow triangle and red warning lights plus eventually engine yellow light too and there will be fault codes to read. 👍

You can check your brake fluid level and colour, check pads and discs and take it easy on the road. Drive safe. 👌

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:43 AM, TonyHSD said:

Driving through hills, but how do you drive? ,  a spirited with a lots of hard braking and going into bents at speeds ? 
Traction control turning off for some reason and one of this can be brakes overheating.  
If the brake fluid start boiling the system may detects that and turn off itself for some time until brakes cool down a bit to prevent pad fading and lost of stopping power.
Next time when happens just leave it and keep driving normally and see if the traction control turns on by itself. 
If you have a system malfunction you will be greeted by yellow triangle and red warning lights plus eventually engine yellow light too and there will be fault codes to read. 👍

You can check your brake fluid level and colour, check pads and discs and take it easy on the road. Drive safe. 👌

Hello. So this issue was happening as I was driving in hilly areas. After I was back on the main roads, It was fine. I don't use the brake pedal when I can, I try to use engine braking, at the time I did need new brake pads and discs, so thought It might be overheating. However as I went for another drive in a another hilly area after having my new brake pads fitted, this message re-appeared, for a bit, then left later.

To be clear, this message stays on, but doesn't actually emit the trc dash light as it would do when you normally enable trc off. it just appears on the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated, as I would be taking this to europe this year with a lot of hilly/ mountain areas. 

Many thanks

1 hour ago, arjanvirdi said:

Hello. So this issue was happening as I was driving in hilly areas. After I was back on the main roads, It was fine. I don't use the brake pedal when I can, I try to use engine braking, at the time I did need new brake pads and discs, so thought It might be overheating. However as I went for another drive in a another hilly area after having my new brake pads fitted, this message re-appeared, for a bit, then left later.

To be clear, this message stays on, but doesn't actually emit the trc dash light as it would do when you normally enable trc off. it just appears on the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated, as I would be taking this to europe this year with a lot of hilly/ mountain areas. 

Many thanks

Hi

of you have traction control light blinking means one or more wheels are losing grip. If you slow down a bit and light stops appearing then it’s exactly that. Just take it easy. If light is still on and off you will need to run a diagnostic. 

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi

of you have traction control light blinking means one or more wheels are losing grip. If you slow down a bit and light stops appearing then it’s exactly that. Just take it easy. If light is still on and off you will need to run a diagnostic. 

Not the traction light blinking, but the one in the OP pic keep popping up, even after stopping for 20 mins or so, keep popping up, and when I close it, it pops back up, after 20 mins or so, it goes. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links