Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003-2006 Yaris Mrk 1 Phase 2 stereo .....steering controls

sighnbox

Hi there new to the site as far as a Yaris goes

I have a 2005 Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i Colour Collection 5 Door

and I believe called a MK1 phase 2

Ok Ive removed the old stereo and put in my nice new sony MEX-N7300 what a improvement but Id like to get the steering wheel controls working but no one makes a exact plug and play unit for this Yaris...... So Ive brought a Connects2 CTSTY001.2 what works with a Toyota Yaris With Fujitsu Ten/Matsu****a ........

Ok Ive included a pic of the Yaris my dash as was and the 3 plugs from the back of the stereo and bottom plug pic is the Connects 2 plugs (3 white plugs together) The right plug being the one I think wont fit my plug (3 wires)

I think my blue plug will fit ok and the white 4 pin plug will ......I don't know as I haven't revived my connects2 unit yet......But from images its the plug with the two wires (pink with a silver dash and green with a silver dash) ..........that wont fit so .......

1st what are these wires for I presume key 1 and key 2 or not ????

The corresponding plug (that dont fit) on the Connects2 has 3 wires different colors ......a black which presume is a ground and a pink and looks like blue  ..............Or have I got it completely wrong and that plug with the two wires does nothing at all any more and you connect the 3 wires from the connects2 unit up behind the controls display, volume etc unit of the car ????

Happy to cut and soldier

Hope you can help.........Thanks

3.jpg

2.jpg

1A.jpg

2A.jpg

Connects2 Plugs.jpg

Yaris.jpg

My yaris.jpg

• Like 1

10+6 are power and Speakers the blue plug is not used for an aftermarket radio

cut the 3 wires off the connects2 20 pin plug, you need to wire these to the display/trip do not cut the factory wire just tap into them

332744724_xp10TSph2audiodisplay.thumb.jpg.8e7b4ba28a620242f9208accbe413034.jpg

8 pin connector

6 (GND), 7 (SW1) and 8 (SW2)

iirc connects2 use black (GND) Pink (SW1) And Blue (SW2)

Be aware if its not working, you may need to check the connects2 adapter is correctly configured

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CD player

145009294_xp10Tsph2cd.thumb.jpg.67804fe7f7f11389e35528583a47f109.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you

And so people can see here is the plug...........But why use Green from GND not black ...........

Back of plug.jpg

No reason it's just a wire colour you may find it's used elsewhere in the circuit or there is a change in the wiring colours for the late cars or if it's French built or Jap built (T sport)

BRILLIANT thanks all done all working

Steering wheel control .........volume up and down ........next track up and down.......GREAT

No mode but hay got the main two I wanted

YARIS POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR ....lol

Thanks again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Swap sw1 and sw2 around, this can also be caused by the patch leads or config in the connects 2 interfaces

what patch lead did you get, Sony specific or the universal one

It was a universal one

If I press the mode button it changes and just displays 009 on the stereo and then its stuck as far as the steering wheel controls go until I change it on the head unit

I think I can edit remote on the head unit as well

Will try after running the dogs or tomorrow if dark and let you know

Nope switching SW1 and SW2 round just messed every thing right up

Question.........The mode button on the steering wheel ........Does that change function on the head unit (CD, Radio, USB, etc etc) OR change settings like Ave MPG, Ave speed, etc etc like the mode button up where the LCD display is ?????

Mode changes the source as you listed above

drop connects2 technical, an email - iirc there is a issue with the way the interface works with sony/pioneer and the yaris p10(dip switch settings in the adapter)

SOLVED .......Thanks so much Flash22

It was the connects2 Unit switches inside the unit set for Pioneer not Sony ..........Flick no4 switch down so all 4 switches are in the off position for Sony.......

Thanks again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem, the thread is here if anyone needs it in the future

it's been a while, so the memory is a bit hazy - something, something dip switches 😁

• 8 months later...

Hi flash22, 

I have already the same thing with my Yaris 2005 I wired the two keys 1 and 2 to the display and it works, all steering wheel buttons are working just the display buttons are still not working, I try to connect the 2 wires from the 12 pin plug (CD player) to key 1 and 2,after that the steering control is not working anymore, I'm wondering if one of the fuses are burned out? 

Thank you in Advance 

The 8pin still needs to be plugged in to the display you need key1 and key 2 as well as a ground wired

NOTHING should be wired to the factory CD Player or plugged in to it, what wires did you connect to ??

I take it you have a Chinese no name android radio

Yes, it's a Chinese android media player, I just connect the 2 wires from 12 pin plug from CD player to key 1 and 2 to get the control also with the display buttons like in original case, but unfortunately I lose both of them only the mode button in the steering is still working. I'm wondering if one of the fuses are burned or what happened? 

Screenshot_20231112_184905_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

IMG_20231112_160429.jpg

IMG_20231112_160425.jpg

You have wired it incorrectly

disconnect those wires, cut the end off clean and tape them up

you may not have done any damage if you are lucky

As posted above, the audio controls are wired to the 8 pin plug on the DISPLAY do not cut these wires just splice (Join into them)

1490437964_Backofplug.jpg.ba49362860f442

6 (GND) - Green

7 (SW1) - black/white

8 (SW2) - Red

colours from your android unit

GND - Black/White

SW1 - Brown (Key 1)

SW2 - Blue (Key 2)

Once you have connected those 3 wires correctly, you have to teach the radio what the buttons do

I know things get lost in translation, so i try to make it as simple as possible

I Solved it all is working well now. 

One key was disconnected. 

Thank you a lot flash 22

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links