Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 2009 1.8 petrol - Check parking brake system

Becek

Hi, I got an error Check parking brake system. I have the following errors C1241, C1249, B150A, B2226, B222A, B222B, C1AED, C13B1. The best part is that Check disappeared by itself. What could be the reason? The handbrake engages. Battery is at 80% life. Recently, I had a situation where after one night the Battery went flat on its own. Is it the electric brake's fault? Anyone able to help me?

Perhaps low voltage on your 12v Battery or bad connection. You can check voltage and the terminals for proper connection. 

• Like 2

So yesterday check didn't show up. This morning neither did I start the car. After a while I turned it off, the radio played for about 2 minutes. I tried restarting the car but it wouldn't start. The Battery showed 11.2V. Now the question is what could be causing the Battery to discharge. I bet on the electric brake, but it was not applied at night and in the morning. The baterry is form 2022. 

Hi Marek, Just read your message to me. I am with Tony. This fault does not seem to be the parking brake itself. but an electrical or wiring issue. I checked every fault code you mentioned and they seem to confirm something electrical is causing your general problem. You now need to check the earths, connections, and look for damaged wires causing shorts. You may need to pull the fuses related to the affected circuits. You need to consult an auto electrician. It's obvious you have a parasite drain on the Battery.

How long have you had this car and do you know it's history, like use, crash damage and or repairs? If parked up, rodents are know to attack the wiring.

I can't give anymore ideas not being an expert. Hopefully you will find the cause.

• Like 2

Cześć. O historii auta wiem tyle co powiedział mi poprzedni właściciel. Samochód jest bezwypadkowy. Za kilka dni zabiorą auto do elektryka i może coś znajdzie. Jak będę wiedział co jest przyczyną to napiszę. Może przyda się komuś w przyszłości. Thanks for the answer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links