Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DCM Recall

Beta

I haven’t had any notifications regarding this. MyT app has always misreported my car’s parked position. 

• 2 weeks later...

my t is rubbish but i`ll keep an open mind and wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

I had mine booked in for the other day, turned up and was told the recall we been postponed because there is an issue with the new software, and we will get another letter later this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got my Corolla booked in for its first service in a couple of weeks, I have been informed that there is a DCM recall for software update on both our 22 plate Corolla and our 71 plate Yaris. Will My T finally be reliable???

DCM controls car engine & transmission so i am afrade it wont help with MyT reliability.

21 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

DCM controls car engine & transmission so i am afrade it wont help with MyT reliability.

DCM - Data Communications Module, it connects the car to the mothership it's a glorified mobile phone

yes it solves a few issues including the paging issue that causes a Battery drain

Edit. It's not a recall, it's a "Customer satisfaction campaign" lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s moved up from a TSB though as I got a phone call from the dealer & both cars show on Toyota uk website for non urgent recalls 

Similar topics merged.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a Toyota Corolla Saloon MY23 version. As anyone had any problems with their DCM module or is there any know issues with this module. 

I am having mine replaced under warranty due to having problems with the SOS button not working all the time and problems with the radio and just doing basic functions. 

Similar topics merged.

Hi. Has anyone  had this rework done and know how long it took to complete please?

3 hours ago, Corolla Mike. said:

Hi. Has anyone  had this rework done and know how long it took to complete please?

I have just had the recall letter for the DCM update so I am interested to know this as well.  I was thinking of leaving it until the next service, but that is in December.

Just had an update from Toyota on my car with DCM issues. Won’t be getting the car back till mid August. Shortage of new DCM units. Haven’t had the car more than 2 months and won’t have for another 6-8 weeks. Trying to organise a replacement car now. 

I see this is a pretty old thread which is why I was puzzled to receive a letter from Toyota dated June 2023 advising me of their XGG78 Customer Satisfaction campaign requesting that I make an appointment to have the Hybrid Data Communication Module reprogrammed. 

My car is a MY22 Corolla Design HB which has had issues with trips not recording and its location being incorrectly reported since June 2022 when I took delivery. I will book it in to have this done as soon as i can get the Dealer to answer the phone!

Got the notice this week. Same issues with incorrect location and missing journeys etc. Asked for a Saturday  appointment due to work etc, told we do not do this work on Saturdays. Wasn't  sure if the update took a long time to install. Have concerns of the module failing during  the update and taking the car off the road. 

13 hours ago, Corolla Mike. said:

Got the notice this week. Same issues with incorrect location and missing journeys etc. Asked for a Saturday  appointment due to work etc, told we do not do this work on Saturdays. Wasn't  sure if the update took a long time to install. Have concerns of the module failing during  the update and taking the car off the road. 

I have mine booked in for this to be done in 2 weeks time. They said I can wait and it should take no more than an hour or so. I just hope it solves the problem of missing or incorrect trip and location recording as mine is getting worse by the day. It is currently showing my last journey as being a week ago since when I have been on holiday to the East Coast and the car is reporting it is now there, 73 miles away!!!

• Like 1

Hi,

Bought my Corolla last May (2022). Had the recall done. It has made no difference. It still only records about 40% of journeys. Occasionally both journeys out and in, but more often than not only one part of the journey and sometimes not at all.

It's all a bit useless really along with other software 'issues'. I am very happy with the mechanics of the car but not necessarily the software stuff. I always thought the Japanese were good with tech and electronics. Perhaps not these days!

Cheers,

1 hour ago, dmxconnect said:

Hi,

Bought my Corolla last May (2022). Had the recall done. It has made no difference. It still only records about 40% of journeys....

I believe (hope?) that journey recording may be a separate issue which Toyota have told me is being addressed hopefully starting this month. I am more concerned about the car's location not being recorded correctly which is one of the issues this reprogramming is supposed to address.

I have received a letter from Toyota today regarding DCM recall on the Corolla and promptly contacted my nearest dealership to make a booking. 

I seem to struggle as I have been disconnected 4 times , each time after I mentioned the word “recall”. On my fifth attempt I didn’t mention this, and simply said I wanted to book car in a service. After getting my details I have mentioned this is for a recall. I was out on hold for a long time. 

In the end someone got back to me and took my details to confirm my bookings. I was told I would get a confirmation email but haven’t received anything as yet. It’s been about an hour since the call. 

I have booked a day off work and am concerned that I have been fobbed off. This is my first experience with Toyota dealership and to be honest is not filling me with confidence. Does anyone else have issues booking their car in for the recall?

edit: finally received confirmation email for the booking. I was told that my details would be used for marketing purposes but I can opt out. 
I was told this would take 2 hours so opted to book a courtesy car, as I know these things can sometimes take longer. Plus this give them more time to sort the car out instead of rushing. So far no mention of additional charges. Also mentioned that my car will be cleaned and washed. 
Shall report back in 2 weeks or so to see how it goes. 
My mate who has similar age RAV4 didn’t get the recall notice so perhaps this only affects Corollas. 
I get the feeling dealerships are not so keen on taking on recall work. 

The same is for Lexus recalls all round same update 

Re: my original post on 10th March this year. As of last week, I had no further contact from local dealer. I got in touch and my car is due to go in for rectification/recall on the 17th of July. Will give an update after getting the car back. Not confident.

4 hours ago, JayCee88 said:

I get the feeling dealerships are not so keen on taking on recall work. 

Mailings are phased, otherwise thousands of customers ring in on day one to get their car booked in, that is impossible to handle 

Dealers are happy to warranty work-They get paid to do it 

2 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Mailings are phased, otherwise thousands of customers ring in on day one to get their car booked in, that is impossible to handle 

I don't know how true this is, but there is a perception that warranty work has a fixed cost (e.g. parts needed, hours required) and if e.g. the warranty repair takes longer than the hours stipulated, the dealership don't get any more money and take a loss, so they are less keen on doing them vs out of warranty work, where they are free to charge however long it takes.

3 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Thanks. Perhaps it could be issue with my mobile connection whereby I was disconnected 4 times whilst mentioning the word “recall”. Didn’t realise dealers get paid to carry out recall work. 

Not a good start to Toyota ownership, kind of wished I’ve gone for Lexus instead. However I shall wait until after the booking to gauge true impression. 

edit: I have to say I also get a courtesy car and apparently free car wash at no cost. Not too sure how this will play out h less the dealership gets compensated by Toyota for the recall. 

Edit 2 : anyone else here have issues booking car in for recall work? Would like to hear some feedback. 

• Like 1

Interestingly I have just received a DCM recall notice in the post from Toyota for my previous Corolla (2021), which went in part-exchange for my current Corolla in March this year. This says all you need to know about Toyota central record keeping! However, should I be expecting a recall for my current Corolla? I have had two instances of e-call failing (green light goes out, red light comes on) and lost Comms/account sync failure. Both occurred after the car had been parked in direct sunshine in the recent 'heatwave'. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links