Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cleaning Door Shuts

anchorman

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Curse you reality!!!

.... sooo would anyone like to wash my car for meeeee...? :whistling1: :laugh: 

You'd hope not, but I seem to recall someone posting a TSBs for some cars telling dealers to remove specific door plugs if the customer complains of sloshing sounds in the door! :eek: :laugh: 

There are already drain holes in doors, at a lower level than the BLANKING PLUGS which have nothing to do with drainage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stivino said:

The clue is in the name.

He's mostly quite good but that made me chuckle!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trewithy said:

I can recall that this has been discussed before and the consensus was to remove the forward plugs on the front doors and the rearmost plugs on the rear doors.  I think this suggestion came from the Car Care Nut on Youtube.  

Thats how mine were from the factory but as stated, the others drain too via specially made plugs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Done a bit more cleaning this fine day.  The car only rolled off the transporter on the 3rd January and there’s quite a bit of tar on it (1700 miles).  That was treated  with “tar and glue” remover then I applied some of my favourite quick wax AD Banana and it is bright yellow with a very strong banana smell).  The best long term wax I know but takes a lot more applying is Collinite.  I power wash the wheels every wash (at least once a week but often more) and occasionally brush them right through and you can see the effect.  I never use acid cleaner on wheels but I do have AD none acid.  This was just shampoo and the brushes and you can see the effect on the inside of the wheel.  I always clean the calipers with the power washer but again, don’t use an acid cleaner or it will remove the bright coating off them in 5 minutes flat.  A word of warning, the pearl white pops in the sun - you can see green and pink mica in it but it does blind you in the sun.  You can see bggr all so wear sun glasses or you can’t see what you’ve done.  The paint is glorious and seemingly very thick.  I’ll buff it when the weather gets more consistent.

IMG_4894.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4893.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 15.30.51.png

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Just been cleaning mine after a week on Skye (where I saw at least two other YCs exploring the island). I had the misfortune of parking near a pine tree during an overnight rainstorm. The car got covered in pine needles and they went everywhere! They were stuck in every little crevice, rubber seal and trim junction, there seem to be rather a lot of places on the car which can trap this sort of debris. It took an age to pick them all out. This did highlight the build variances to. Looking at the trim on the top edge of the boot door, the gap on the right is twice the size of the gap on the left.

YCgap.thumb.jpg.e642f79328b9afcd2070f83b16634026.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Just been cleaning mine after a week on Skye (where I saw at least two other YCs exploring the island). I had the misfortune of parking near a pine tree during an overnight rainstorm. The car got covered in pine needles and they went everywhere! They were stuck in every little crevice, rubber seal and trim junction, there seem to be rather a lot of places on the car which can trap this sort of debris. It took an age to pick them all out. This did highlight the build variances to. Looking at the trim on the top edge of the boot door, the gap on the right is twice the size of the gap on the left.

YCgap.thumb.jpg.e642f79328b9afcd2070f83b16634026.jpg

That’s not a big deal, but the scratches and white marks on the glossy black panel looks a bit odd. 
Have you vacuumed the pine debris before washing? I do sometimes vacuum first and then wash with the jet wash. 

Photo was mid wash so still wet/drying and before final buff.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links