Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bz4X heating problem

Yvon Otis

Hi everybody. I'm located in Canada and I own a fwd bZ4x. Sometimes the heating does not work without any obvious reason.  Does anybody else had the same problem?

Yes, the aircon does seem to have a mind of its own - particularly if set to 'Auto'. So, as you say, on a cold day, when you expect the heating to come on, you sometimes get a cool breeze up your legs, but the heated seats and steering wheel are warm. No doubt there is some Japanese AI energy-saving logic behind it, but the unpredictability can be frustrating - especially as you don't want to start fiddling with the climate controls once you are driving. No doubt this is one of the idiosyncrasies of the car that will (hopefully) be resolved with a software update in due course. It will be interesting to see how the aircon works when we eventually get some hot weather.  In the meantime, perhaps use the app to preheat the car before setting off?

1 hour ago, Empty Sea said:

Yes, the aircon does seem to have a mind of its own - particularly if set to 'Auto'. So, as you say, on a cold day, when you expect the heating to come on, you sometimes get a cool breeze up your legs, but the heated seats and steering wheel are warm. No doubt there is some Japanese AI energy-saving logic behind it, but the unpredictability can be frustrating - especially as you don't want to start fiddling with the climate controls once you are driving. No doubt this is one of the idiosyncrasies of the car that will (hopefully) be resolved with a software update in due course. It will be interesting to see how the aircon works when we eventually get some hot weather.  In the meantime, perhaps use the app to preheat the car before setting off?

Yes, I live in the UK and have the same problem. It doesn't instantly heat and take 5 minutes to do so. I have no idea about other EV car models how heating system work for them. Maybe this is something common in all EVs.

Well Toyota just found the problem this morning ,they will replace the compressor. Thank you for your answers my friends.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yvon Otis said:

Well Toyota just found the problem this morning ,they will replace the compressor. Thank you for your answers my friends.

So there will be another recall 😂😂😂 or this is only for your car? 

Edited by bZ4X

Update on the compressor problem. The code of computer showing a defect was only showing when they drove it for a while but when they shut down the car it went away. So at first they did not see it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links