Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR Sports 2023 Problems with Satnav

John Dickens

I took delivery of a new CHR Sports at the beginning of the month.  Sadly the Satnav is vastly inferior to that fitted in the previous model.  It fails to identify numerous cameras or identifies non-existent ones or puts them in the wrong position, does not beep, the camera icon is so small compared with previous models and the distance reading under it is so small that it is impossible to read when driving.  All in all the Satnav is not fit for purchase.

59 minutes ago, John Dickens said:

All in all the Satnav is not fit for purchase.

So have you contacted the dealer or Toyota GB?

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted both - "They are looking into it".  The SatNav is not fit for purpose and so the car is not of a marketable quality.  

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2017 CHR for 6 year-end just changed it for GR Sport that has the new connect Sat Nav. The resolution, graphics and speed on the new system are vastly superior to the old system. I don't have any problem reading anything. It is thought a huge change to the old system and has taken some getting used to. Can't comment on the camera positions as I tend to use CarPlay. The old system had a certain charm to it but was very slow and clunky.

I wouldn't go back to the old system if I had a choice

Use Car Play where Siri informs you of Fixed Cameras & even warns you if your approach speed is too high.

Furthermore ACP will divert you which I initially ignored @ my peril.

Have used ACP for 5 years & is much better than most in-car Navs to date.

Tel

Had a satnav in my May 2022 C-HR that had a mind of its own and it just wasn't working as it should have. Our dealer & service department were brilliant & just after Christmas 2022 fitted a new £6000 satnav -the latest version, that hasn't any push buttons down the sides. As they said its Toyota who will be paying the bill.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links