Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scv part number

Unaz

Hi All,

I've had lots of starting issues with my verso. I've changed all 4 injectors as they all failed testing but still has trouble starting. All 4 glow plugs have been replaced too. It smokes when starts and takes bit longer. This is only a problem on cold mornings or first start of the day. 

No codes are present.

I'm going to try replacing scv to see if it makes any difference but struggling to find correct part. 

Anyone able to help me with correct part number please?

Car is 2010 verso 2.0 d4d. (1AD-FTV)

IMG_20220225_213254.jpg

IMG_20220225_213223.jpg

Denso DCRP302610 (22100-0R040) is the pump number

SCV - DCRS301370 (04226-0L030) (looks like an aftermarket one on the car)

Have you had the 5th injector tested (located on the side of the head under the pump) - (23710-26012)

I don't think this particular engine has 5th injector. It's Euro 4. From pump i couldn't see any fuel pipes going anywhere other than to fuel rail and return.

So DCRS301370 (04226-0L030) is the correct part number?

Yes, 2010 should be euro 5, so it will have a dpf unless it's a late 2009/early 2010 build

PM me a vin so i can confirm the part

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Yes, 2010 should be euro 5, so it will have a dpf unless it's a late 2009/early 2010 build

PM me a vin so i can confirm the part

I believe it was early 2010 just before regulations kicked in. 

Don't think it has dpf. It would have been blocked by now. Mrs only drives 2000 miles a year at push.

Built - 02/2010

Model - AUR20R-GRFEYW

it doesn't show if it's DPF or not, but the SCV is the same for both

The epc shows 04226-26010 for your Vin what is discontinued

I have been down this rabbit hole more than once

DCRP300710
22100-0R040
HU294000-071x

crossed to SCV 294200-0611

look up on denso's site DCRS301380  https://www.denso-am.eu/catalog/part/DCRS301380

On your current scv it is marked 0611

Thank you flash22.

Any idea of where I can get it from for a reasonable price?

Cheapest so far I found is parts in motion for £150.

That's about right TBH, there are knock off ones, only buy them if you hate your life

Don't think I'll have this car for long. Spent £900 on injectors last year. Another £210 on alternator and ancillary belt and now this.

I think Toyota really made the mess of this 2.0 d4d engine. I'm glad they swapped it for BMW unit in later ones. Sometime it's better to admit defeat than insisting there's nothing wrong with their product and carry on making it. 

The 1AD didn't have as good a rep as the 1CD that came before it, but they're still not too bad. However they aren't as robust as the 1CD engine that preceded it as they had to be improved for lower emissions but also more power and fuel economy, and it's hard to improve in so many areas without having to compromise somewhere. The low mileage probably doesn't help as diesel engines don't do well unless they get good and hot regularly.

If you're after reliability, the BMW engine is probably not what you're after...

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

The 1AD didn't have as good a rep as the 1CD that came before it, but they're still not too bad. However they aren't as robust as the 1CD engine that preceded it as they had to be improved for lower emissions but also more power and fuel economy, and it's hard to improve in so many areas without having to compromise somewhere. The low mileage probably doesn't help as diesel engines don't do well unless they get good and hot regularly.

If you're after reliability, the BMW engine is probably not what you're after...

I'm moving away from diesel for good. Don't really do enough mileage and petrol engines have become so efficient makes no sense to have diesel for me anymore. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Unaz said:

I'm moving away from diesel for good. Don't really do enough mileage and petrol engines have become so efficient makes no sense to have diesel for me anymore. 

Diesels need to be run, especial anything post DPF low usage and cheaper fuel don't mix well

the BMW 1ww/2ww (BMW N47) are dire engine and are fragile, anything over 80k miles they become money pits, plus a 1.6 diesel in something the size of a verso doesn't make sense to me

• Like 1

Hey flash22 

I've got new scv, which is slightly smaller than old one but as that's the recommended part number by Denso, it should work. 

Once installed do you reinitialise pump for scv voltage value to be saved? 

Also this tsb thing people are talking about software update, do you think it applies to my car? My car was fitted with larger scv obviously in first place. 

thanks for your help so far. 

The scv recall replace the scv with a different model and a spacer - the part needed the ecu to be updated - that tsb is no longer relevant as a direct replacement has been manufactured

Fit it, Drive it, the ecu should relearn the values

• 2 weeks later...

Symptoms still persist. I'll have to check compression on all cylinders to see if there's an issue with 1.

I was thinking if there was an ECU update for this?

How do I check and can I update it myself? I use tactrix and techstream combination for diagnostic. I'm planning on buying a Battery support unit so that side should be covered. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links