Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The car stopped on the highway - Auris 2010 2.0 D-4D

Nicholas Markez

Hello. I have a problem with my car, a 2010 Toyota Auris with a 2.0 D-4D (1AD-FTV) engine. While driving on the highway my check engine light came on and then immediately my engine stopped. I pulled over, checked the car to see if anything was leaking underneath then tried to start it but it wouldn't start. The next day I ran the diagnostics on the car and it gave me error code P1604. 
1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
2. If you have other suggestions, I'm open to listen to them.

Hi, 

if you Google it there are tons of information and cases. You need to check each possibility and run again a fast code reading in case additional codes come up. It could be may things even a low voltage Battery, faulty alternator, poor quality fuel, many things. 
Good luck 

Good Evening how many kilometers has the car traveled? Also, how long is the diesel oil filter worn?

57 minutes ago, xrhstosgr said:

Good Evening how many kilometers has the car traveled? Also, how long is the diesel oil filter worn?

Hello. The car has almost 190,000 kilometers on it and the fuel filter was changed about 5,000 kilometers ago. Also the mechanic I took the car to said it might be a problem with the fuel injector, we checked that one and it is working so it might be a problem with the injectors according to him. He will check them tomorrow he said to see if they work on the mechanical side, he said the electronic side can't be check to see if they are in parameters.

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

if you Google it there are tons of information and cases. You need to check each possibility and run again a fast code reading in case additional codes come up. It could be may things even a low voltage battery, faulty alternator, poor quality fuel, many things. 
Good luck 

So far I've checked the injection driver and it's functional there's still the possibility that the injectors are faulty, but all 4 at once breaking down seems a bit odd to me. The alternator was changed in December 2022, and the Battery is good, the fuel may be a problem but not starting at all is strange.

The problem with this P1604 code comes down to changing the fuel injectors we start with the oil filter as a hidden fault, then read the injectors. 190,000 kilometers is relatively little for such a breakdown Run out and check the oil pump as well,Fail on just one injector and getting this code is almost impossible

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links