Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for a part (windscreen wiper assembly).

Comfy

As above - on the weekend i did the plug change and also tackled the drivers side front shock (MOT said it had play in it). While stripping the wiper assembly down i noticed theres a couple of rubber seals that go round the wiper stalks that poke out (that the wipers connect to). Called my local Toyota parts counter and after about 10 mins or so - he couldnt locate them....

Any chance anyone knows what this part number is? - ill take a photo of said rubber seals later on and put it up.

Cheers

Andy

Brilliant! - thats the kiddie. Ill get them on order now..! Thanks very much.

Just to add the local Toyota dealer wanted 36 quid for me to collect and 24 delivered from your link....gonna try to stick to the website going forward..!

Thank again.

Andy

Just for the information but now ive started to find my way round the car - ive kinda started to look after it like my bikes....so, yesterday i went to our local fixings supplier and bought a bunch of stainless fixings.....if i do any work ill replace the fixing with a stainless one so long as it can be...(high tensile stuff ill leave) - now the windscreen wiper rubber seals are now on order when i remove the metal tray to fit the new seals ill replace all of those rusty M6 bolts that hold it down. So, moving forward ill be replacing anything that i see is rusty. Nice also that i know how to do oil changes now so i can put in fully synthetic oil....(maybe later in the year). Depends where you go but my local fixings supplier is a fraction of the cost of eBay and online so they'll be seeing alot more of me.!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Regarding https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-iq/iq-exterior-interior/toyota-iq-2008-2014-wiper-spindle-rubbers-x2/

Can anyone confirm this is actually a pair please? The description says: "Toyota part number – 85154-74010 (SOLD SEPARATELY)" (emphasis mine).

Thanks,

Robin

7 minutes ago, 74hct04 said:

Regarding https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-iq/iq-exterior-interior/toyota-iq-2008-2014-wiper-spindle-rubbers-x2/

Can anyone confirm this is actually a pair please? The description says: "Toyota part number – 85154-74010 (SOLD SEPARATELY)" (emphasis mine).

Thanks,

Robin

Looks like one to me, BUT if in doubt, maybe contact them and check...

• Thanks 1

Supplied as a pair, but listed in the EPC as a individual item

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I need a pair but this company do not send to non-UK addresses. My local dealership has quoted me about £15 each...

Edit: Just ordered a pair for £33.43 all in. The dealership were reasonable confident they supply them singly.

For what it's worth, I collected my pair of wiper packing, gasket rubber thingies from the franchised dealership. For those of you on the mainland UK, the above link should be much better value for money, but (as advised above) do check you're actually getting a pair... Otherwise the pricing is nothing special...

• Thanks 1

I'll be interested to hear how easy they are to fit.

Suspect mine will need doing at some point...

• Like 1

I am probably not the best to write a tutorial as I tend not to have a particularly calm, relaxed, manner when my car is in pieces all over the driveway, and there are hints elsewhere on this forum. (It takes a lot of my 'resolve' not to rush the job to the finish line, with the inevitable breaking or damaging of parts that that entails). When the job is finally done, I will try my best to at least note down any snags or oddities I come across for the benefit of the community.

The new packing glands/gaskets/rubbers are made from "NBR", so that will be nitrile rubber https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrile_rubber

Somewhere I read that one person added extra white grease (they are indeed, slightly pre-greased). Personally, I'd sill rather use red-rubber grease (supposedly vegetable-based) or silicone grease, but would appreciate any opinions before I go off and read chemical compatibility charts.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links