Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Water From Windscreen Jets

ToyotaLou

My car was registered in Feb-19 and I bought it used last May.

There was water coming out the jets but none now. I've tried pushing a pin into the jets but no change.

How easy is it for me to disconnect the hose from the reservoir?

Will this be covered by the 5 year warranty?

Check the easy stuff first - Does it make The Noise when you activate it? If not, check the fuse - We had a lot of people blowing their washer jet fuses when it got icy. If it hasn't been used for a while the motor may just be stuck; That happened with my dad's Verso, and my mechanic friend just whacked it a few times and reinstalled it and it worked :laugh: 

If it does make The Noise, check you haven't just run out of washer fluid, esp if the back washer jet also doesn't work - I got caught out with that as the washer bottle in my Mk4 is *tiny* :laugh: 

• Like 2

Sorry I should have said I can hear the pump and the reservoir is full.

Are both front and rear washers not working or just one?

Do any of the jets, front or back, even get slightly wet when you trigger them, or are they just dry as a bone?

Should be covered under the warranty; Suspect either a pipe has been pinched or blocked with debris.

Not anymore, yes that's what I suspect too, hence my original question, I thought the easiest thing to do regarding that would be to disconnect the hose from the reservoir and that's what I'm looking for help with here.

• Like 2

Might be tricky as it's vehicle dependent. Generally, if you can't get at it from the top, you'll probably have to get at it through the wheel arch liner. You'll need to turn the steering to full lock if you don't want to take the wheel off, then unscrew and remove the screws and pop pins on the wheel arch liner to get it out.

From there you should have just enough room to get at the washer bottle, the pump and the hoses.

IIRC the pipes are just squeezed onto the spigots, no weird fixings or clamps.

It's more than likely a bad valve, follow the pipe from the jet back to the valve, iirc its the same as the auris/corolla these are a very common item to fail

85321 28020

either that or you have mixed brands of screen wash and gunged to tank up, drain the tank down a rinse out with warm/hot water

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Might be tricky as it's vehicle dependent. Generally, if you can't get at it from the top, you'll probably have to get at it through the wheel arch liner. You'll need to turn the steering to full lock if you don't want to take the wheel off, then unscrew and remove the screws and pop pins on the wheel arch liner to get it out.

From there you should have just enough room to get at the washer bottle, the pump and the hoses.

IIRC the pipes are just squeezed onto the spigots, no weird fixings or clamps.

I am looking for a simple, easy and straightforward solution or assistance from someone. If this is covered by the warranty then it will be a straightforward solution of booking it into the toyota dealer. I am not a mechanic, professional or amateur, I am very much asking for advice.

Pretty sure it is covered by warranty; I have no idea what your level of technical expertise is and have only tried to infer it from what you've been asking.

Easiest thing to do would be to book it in with the dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links