Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What might you do regarding a new car ?:)

newauris

Hi, I'd like to hear your thoughts, if you don't mind 🙂

My brother was thinking of getting a C-HR 2.0 Excel on the motability scheme.

He is wondering, should he not bother with the motability car and just get a clean, low miles, 2 or maybe 3 year old CHR on HP instead.

He was told it should be possible to extend the motability car lease by two more years, meaning he could hold onto the car for a total of 5 years BTW.

He's not sure what is best and I thought I'd ask on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

My thoughts is I can only dream of owning a new car as I live on top of poverty hill.😭

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Tony,

We have a relative who has had a number of motability cars over the years. Depending on the deposit required I would say why not. The only thing he needs to do is put petrol in it and gererally the rest is paid for.

I know my relative considered keeping some of the cars longer but because he had such a wide range to choose from he would always try another model after the 3 years was up.

It's a new car each time and I do not think buying a used one will give him anywhere near the benefits that the motability will give him. But that's only my opinion based on his circumstances and everyone has different requirements. 

He could never have afforded to buy a new car if it was not for this scheme. Hope this helps.👍

• Like 4

On 4/4/2023 at 4:33 PM, Bper said:

Hi Tony,

We have a relative who has had a number of motability cars over the years. Depending on the deposit required I would say why not. The only thing he needs to do is put petrol in it and gererally the rest is paid for.

I know my relative considered keeping some of the cars longer but because he had such a wide range to choose from he would always try another model after the 3 years was up.

It's a new car each time and I do not think buying a used one will give him anywhere near the benefits that the motability will give him. But that's only my opinion based on his circumstances and everyone has different requirements. 

He could never have afforded to buy a new car if it was not for this scheme. Hope this helps.👍

Thanks Bob, yes, that's a good help, good to hear your thoughts. 🙂

On 4/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, tfc said:

My thoughts is I can only dream of owning a new car as I live on top of poverty hill.😭

Right next door to me then are you??

• Like 1

😄 yep , you make the brew and I'll bring the digestives. 

• Like 3

I agree with Bob's post 👍

Tony what is your brother's reason for considering a second hand car on HP rather than the new motability car ?

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

I agree with Bob's post 👍

Tony what is your brother's reason for considering a second hand car on HP rather than the new motability car ?

Iain, thats what I asked him too, he said its the fact that his PIP might stop, thats his big fear and the car would have to be returned.

His PIP awarded is looked at again on July 2031 BTW. He would have it 10yrs by then I think.

Could his award stop during that period esp if his condiction does not change?

He said if he was sure his award would continue, it would leave it easier to decide.

Its his first time ever to be on this benefit, so its all new to him 🙂

Thanks Iain.

• Like 2

Hi Tony, it would be a no brainer for me to go with the motability option.

Take it while it's on offer and not worry what may or may not happen in a few years time.

Do not look a gift horse in the mouth as they say 👍

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hi Tony, it would be a no brainer for me to go with the motability option.

Take it while it's on offer and not worry what may or may not happen in a few years time.

Do not look a gift horse in the mouth as they say 👍

🙂  I think I'd do what you said too Iain, he said if he was sure the award would carry him through the lease he would be very temped. I told him to ring the PIPers and ask how long his award will last 🙂

Thanks Iain.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links