Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proper Ferrari...

Jimlad

Well if were talking semantics...

111403zrauto2.jpg

De Tomaso Pantera GT5-S. A REAL car.

Finally someone who knows what I'm on about ..

GT5-S .. is THE DADDIES ..

5.7 liter V8, mid mounted .. :drool:

and I'm spent ..

111403zrauto2.jpg

De Tomaso Pantera GT5-S.  A REAL car.

Finally someone who knows what I'm on about ..

GT5-S .. is THE DADDIES ..

5.7 liter V8, mid mounted .. :drool:

and I'm spent ..

Go on ma boy! :thumbsup:

You want a blower... and a V8... and still a Ferrari...

the most sorted Ferrari of all:

288.jpg

The Ferrari 288GTO Evolution... the car behind the F40.

Rarer than rocking horse poo. :D

brrrm brrrm... don't like the front bumper tho.

1980's mate... it was cool then! :D

Still don't see what the fuss is with Ferrari's ..

Okay they are damn nice cars .. but for the dosh? 50% is going on the name ..

Overrated, overpriced junk in my opinion. :yes:

More like 80% is going on the name.

If you were a footballer earning £100k a week, you could buy a Ferrari every week. That is the same as someone on £24k a year paying £500 for one of the 'greatest cars in the world'... brand new. Kind of puts things into perspective. IT'S ALL RELATIVE.

If you don't have expensive cars that you and I can't afford, then what would the overpaid footballers et al spend their money on?! You've got to make them think they're getting something special by paying through the nose, and as a business you're laughing. You are paying for exclusivity.

I love Ferrari's. Loved them since I was 5 years old. Got several hundred model Ferrari's of different sizes and models. I think they are overpriced for what they are, but I'd still have one. Italian cars/bikes/clothing etc is all done for beauty. The Italians have never been known for their car reliability... but if you want reliability, buy a !Removed! Toyota Carina or something. They have their purposes. To say they are overpriced, overrated etc etc is to be looking at it from a different perspective to someone wanting a beautiful looking, very fast, pretty exclusive car and has money burning a whole in their pocket. To them it's ideal. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION... YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PLEASE 100% OF THE PEOPLE 100% OF THE TIME... IF WE WERE ALL THE SAME AND ALL LIKED THE SAME STUFF IT'D MAKE US A PRETTY BORING, PREDICTABLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE!

Ferrari is alive and kicking, making millions of profit each year, and demand always seems to exceed supply. Enzo Ferrari always aimed to produce slightly fewer cars than were required. The figures speak for themselves. Obviously overpriced for you and I. Obviously not overpriced for their target audience! Clever business. Keep exclusivity, keep sales. :P

Exactly .. look at the Boxter .. Porsche may have been my "dream" manufacturer .. but now everyone has one ..not so elitist now ..

my mates dads really high up in ferrari uk, you should see some of the cars he gets to drive!

111403zrauto2.jpg

Nice...

Spit flames like a !Removed!. And didn't Elvis Presley have one?

They sound <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ED though! Weirdest noise ever...

By the way a Ferrari is, as you say, a "real car." They might be over rated, but they are still built to perform. (Just incase you were implying that Ferrari don't make "real" cars).

Nice...

Spit flames like a !Removed!.

They sound <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ED though! Weirdest noise ever...

yeah .. big dirty V8 fella .. but they sound awesome on full chatt..

111403zrauto2.jpg

Nice...

Spit flames like a !Removed!. And didn't Elvis Presley have one?

By the way a Ferrari is, as you say, a "real car." They might be over rated, but they are still built to perform. (Just incase you were implying that Ferrari don't make "real" cars).

Elvis's Pantera was famous for one thing , he SHOT the **** out of it cause it broke down on him....

Still cool cars tho :)

Exactly .. look at the Boxter .. Porsche may have been my "dream" manufacturer .. but now everyone has one ..not so elitist now ..

Dream Car..

911 turbo 1980's model.. Silver with black windows.. :drool::drool:

god it's good to get old.. :thumbsup:

De Tomaso: French.

Need we say more :hokus-pokus:

now I feel like that bloke that was on top gear :!Removed!: I was thinking of venturi :lol:

I know someone who had one (when they were new!) said its one of the worst cars she'd ever had, badly designed, unreliable, etc etc....

she now has the new bently GT thingy. a fine example of a jap car that it is :thumbsup:

gotta go with jesus on this one. i always loved, wanted, and still may buy a testarossa,....(hey, one day). they are notoriously pig like and unreliable, but I WANT ONE! :lol:

which is why i like the 348 that started this topic, yep they are prolly as unreliable as the testarossa, but also easier to drive on our roads as it aint as big, and a bit more economical, so i would have one of them too.

but as with a lot of overated, fast cars. testarossa does 0-60 in 5.7 which is slower than my tubby, and the build quality probably isnt as good as my toyota,....

but,......its a ferrari.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links