Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

iQ3 rear brake caliper sliders

Andy Kay

Hi guys.

I need new sliders. Looking on eBay a set of 4 sliders is around £17 but I can't find them for the iQ3 so I went to the dealer. The dealer quoted £53. Before I purchase from the dealer, I just want to check that I haven't missed another option.

Thanks.

Andy

Thanks PCM. Nothing obvious but I've left them a message.

• Like 1

why do the pins need replacing, pitted or seized ? Usually it's just crud in the caliper hole

• Like 2

At my recent IQ service I had the rear brakes dismantled, checked, greased, loved, reassembled etc.

Not a great cost but always an investment I feel.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, paul9 said:

Have a quick peek on Autodoc.

Thanks Paul. They look promising.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:45 AM, flash22 said:

why do the pins need replacing, pitted or seized ? Usually it's just crud in the caliper hole

Definitely need replacing. The pins are seriously pitted. Front brakes have never been a problem but I've had to clean up the back pins a few times now when the rear calipers fail to release. And the pins are a devil to get out.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, PCM said:

At my recent IQ service I had the rear brakes dismantled, checked, greased, loved, reassembled etc.

Not a great cost but always an investment I feel.

Done that a few times now PCM. The pins are now pitted and I don't want to have to do it again in another six months so I think it's time for a new set of pins.

• Like 1

Fair enough

Rear Pin 47835-12150

Cover 47875-12150

Bolt 90015-AA102

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy Kay said:

Thanks Paul. They look promising.

Be aware that although I have never had a problem with them, one of the other forum members really dislikes Autodoc, presumably due to bad dealings with them. Eurocarparts are fantastic at supplying me with the wrong items, but I can generally get that sorted same day with a local branch. Any problems with Autodoc would have to be resolved between here and Germany. AD seem to have a bigger selection of parts at lower prices than ECP, but you need to factor in shipping charges.

• Like 2

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everybody that helped me out here, and to let you know how things turned out. The Toyota Parts website quoted me £51 for four sliders and £28 for four boots. I found a company called Bigg Red (website www.biggred.co.uk) that supplied the entire kit (sliders, bolts, boots, and grease) for £17.90 inc. VAT and delivery. Without your support I might well have just paid what Toyota was asking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think my pins also sticking……How do you get these pins out ……they threaded? 

Unbolt the caliper, put the bolt back in the pin loosely, wiggle and pull you may need a bit of lube to free to off

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links