Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Techstream

tfc

Hi guys, I've just got a eBay V18 techsteam bundle and found it very slow and laggy, laptop is a 64bit win10 , i5, 8gb ram, 1tb hybrid hhd , just wondering how does yours perform either official or copy .

ADMIN.. can you please move this to the correct forum 

Edited by tfc

• 2 weeks later...

Topic moved

42 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topic moved

Thank you , 👍

Laggy ?? The software takes time to connect to the car and time to enter each mode/test you are going from USB > serial RS232  > CanBus and back you can get 20-30 seconds delay with some operations

that's what you get with a cloned tool, the VX diag interface is much better but at 5x the cost, use a Bosch or Autel VCI, and it runs well, but you're at £500+ the latest Toyota VIM is a VCI TS3-ETH what's about £1800 plus vat and anything up to £5-6K for a full setup with a new Panasonic FZ-55

8gb of ram and hybrid HDD doesn't help matters

*awaits the - it runs better on xp/7 comments

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

hhhmmm...

...IT RUNS BETTER ON A WIN XP LAPTOP...

Seriously, Techstream is slow, and it takes seconds to refresh live data, or close a menu, etc...

I think the power of your laptop has nothing to do with it, bottleneck seems to be the USB cable/interface. Try uninstalling the antivirus, mine acted like a parasite...

I bought both software and lead from a British eBay seller for about £50 and I'm very happy (seller seems to have sold +850 items)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links