Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difference between 2023 CH-R GR Sport and excel

newauris

Hi, I went to one of our local Toyota dealers today and saw a red with black roof GR Sport 2.0  (2023 ) and the GR Sport in Deep Amethyst 1.8.

The Amethyst one looked nice too BTW, different.

They didn't have the 2023 CH-R Excel in the showroom so I couldn't compare the two models. I'd like to have seen the Excel in reality.

So, what is the difference between the GR Sport and Excel?

The Excel was top of that range at one time and I see now both cars are the same price.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few differences (see attached pdf), but the main difference is the bi-tone roof on the Sport, The Sport has 19" alloys, while the Excel has 18".

excel-v-sport.pdf

• Like 1

And the Excel has a heated steering wheel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfmpm2a said:

And the Excel has a heated steering wheel

Thanks.

You know what else they told me, I asked about fitting mud flaps into the deal, they told me its impossible to get rubber now, according to an email from toyota the other day, no rubber no mud flaps at least for a few months.

Do you think this is correct? 🙂

Thanks.

12 hours ago, newauris said:

Thanks.

You know what else they told me, I asked about fitting mud flaps into the deal, they told me its impossible to get rubber now, according to an email from toyota the other day, no rubber no mud flaps at least for a few months.

Do you think this is correct? 🙂

Thanks.

it is a large manufacturer supplying exterior/protection accessories such as mudflaps, boot liners, rubber mats, bumper plates, side mouldings etc went into liquidation stocks have/are running out quickly and Toyota don't anticipate a solution in 2023

• Like 2

Yikes, that's surprising, I wonder what happened? But I would have thought they'd be able to get another supplier or redirect stock from other markets maybe? I was under the impression they sourced things from different manufacturers based on region, hence why the French-made cars used different parts to the Japan-made ones...?

15 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

it is a large manufacturer supplying exterior/protection accessories such as mudflaps, boot liners, rubber mats, bumper plates, side mouldings etc went into liquidation stocks have/are running out quickly and Toyota don't anticipate a solution in 2023

Well there you go 🙂  Thanks Lee.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:59 PM, Big_D said:

There are a few differences (see attached pdf), but the main difference is the bi-tone roof on the Sport, The Sport has 19" alloys, while the Excel has 18".

excel-v-sport.pdf 1.13 MB · 7 downloads

Wonder what the wheels are like on the Excel compaired to the GR Sport?

I was in two of my local Toyota dealers and they both had the GR Sports in the showroom.

One show room had the 2.0 red with black roof and had another Deep Amethyst 1.8

The other showroom had Deep Amethyst 1.8 CHR

I asked if there was any chance of seeing the Excel, they were unsure, they couldnt think were they could find one for me to see, even for only 10/15 mins.

I rang another, not so local toyota dealer today and they didn't  have the Excel in the showroom either, they had 1 maybe 2 GR Sports.

Why would that be do you think? I'd thought some of them would have had one but no 😞

9 hours ago, newauris said:

Wonder what the wheels are like on the Excel compaired to the GR Sport?

See attached images

excel_wheels.jpg

sport_wheels.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:45 PM, Cyker said:

Yikes, that's surprising, I wonder what happened? But I would have thought they'd be able to get another supplier or redirect stock from other markets maybe? I was under the impression they sourced things from different manufacturers based on region, hence why the French-made cars used different parts to the Japan-made ones...?

Accessories tend to be regionalised for example we can identify part numbers for JDM or US accessories however we are blocked from ordering through normal parts supply channels.

Another weakness of Toyota is there high standards this means they require suppliers to meet standards on quality, supply, environmental standards etc any new supplier will have to meet all of these, tool up and make initial samples then QC themselves, Toyota will QC and Toyota will engage a third party to QC as well, assuming all of this goes ok only then will the supplier be engaged and all of this takes time.

• Like 2

Thanks, as always your insight is appreciated! :smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

Thanks, as always your insight is appreciated! :smile:

Yes, I( agree, thanks.

Looking at a CHR group on Facebook I see a few are disappointed with their diamong cut wheels,

The lacquer is peeling, I don't like the sound of that.

Does the GR Sport have the diamont cut alloys?

(sorry for all these silly Qs ) 🙂

Thanks.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:28 AM, Big_D said:

See attached images

excel_wheels.jpg

sport_wheels.jpg

I now notice you can now only get Bi Colour in the GR Sport. Here where I am, I have the Club which is near enough the same as the Design in the UK which is pearlescent white with the black roof.

• 2 weeks later...

I've a 2014 Auris Excel, I bought it new at the time, I also bought one of those "get me home wheels" for the car at the same time.

I'm wondering, would that weight saver wheel I have fit a 2023 CH-R GR Sport ?

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links