Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Use of auto wash facilities

Mrs Scoobington

I had a brilliant paint repair to my front wing.  The repairer said do not use a pressure wash on the repair. 

Our water pressure is low so I do use a Karcher.  I have a long cranked lance for under body and wheel wells.  It is also good for spraying the  Cross roof.  I then switch to a short sprayer and stand off just wetting the car.  Once wet, I use a Karcher brush and it takes the shampoo mix from a bucket. 

To finish a quick rinse and clean microfiber cloths. 

• Like 3

On 5/9/2023 at 10:03 AM, Roy124 said:

I have a long cranked lance for under body and wheel wells.

I use one of those, an underbody lance, not Karcher, Nilfisk. Squirts out at a lower pressure. The lower pressure is kinder to my air freshener pig too! Use it regularly in winter to try and reduce any salt effects and through summer to wash off any accumulated underside/wheelarch mud.

Car wash facilities, never ever had a problem with any type. Why? Don't use them. After stating I don't use them, I am not in any position to praise or criticise them though.

Maybe because, years ago, there were instances of the aggressive brushes causing micro scratches in the clearcoat or paint (pre clearcoat) and even ripping off external car parts.

1 hour ago, olonas said:

even ripping off external car parts.

Such as aerials, mirrors and wipers, rear especially. 

One wash I used put a special sleeve over the rear wiper

8 hours ago, olonas said:

I use one of those, an underbody lance, not Karcher, Nilfisk. Squirts out at a lower pressure.

My K'archer has adjustable pressure. It's a matter of twisting the nozzle at the end of the lance.

• Like 2

I am a Meguires Nut.

I only ever use a hose & now use a Mit for the outer bodywork & brush for sills/wheels etc.

My 2 Bucket Cleaning System is Mandatory.

One bucket rinses the Applicators.

Increase hose pressure in Winter IF required.

Tel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links