Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27. Fitting a buzzer to indicators

ToNo10

Can anybody out there PLEASE advise on contacts etc to fit a buzzer module to increase indicator-on volume.  The factory volume is FAR too low when indicators are on.  I have attached a picture of the module, which was intended for motor cycle originally. The instructions say attach one red to right turn wire, other red to left turn wire, black to earth. Where is the best place on a T27 to access these wires - or is there a better way 😱

many thanks.

IMG_6066.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ToNo10 said:

Can anybody out there advise on contacts etc to fit a buzzer module to increase indicator-on volume.  The factory volume is FAR too low when indicators are on.  I have attached a picture of the module, which was intended for motor cycle originally. The instructions say attach one red to right turn wire, other red to left turn wire, black to earth. Where is the best place on a T27 to access these wires - or is there a better way 😱

many thanks.

IMG_6066.jpeg

I find this to also on my t27 2014 the volume is 2 low and plus the steering wheel setup not as good either as when I put on the indicator and go around a roundabout to a road the indicator is still on .my last car VW group car never had that bother .let me know how u get on if it's not way 2 anoying of a incator click I might put one on my car also 

Yes, if the radio is on in the T27 you could travel all day without knowing your indicators were on 😱 Please watch this thread, tick ‘follow topic’ at bottom of this box. Members are usually very helpful 👍

The easiest place would have to be on the switched 12 volt feed to the indicator bulbs themselves. Wherever is easiest to access. It could be front, rear or repeater lights on mirrors etc. 

If you can locate the flasher relay then I would think you could wire it with just one red and the black across the relay coil. Be sure to get the polarity correct though although I bet the unit is polarity protected. 

• Like 1

Thank you for that suggestion 👏🏻

2 hours ago, ToNo10 said:

Yes, if the radio is on in the T27 you could travel all day without knowing your indicators were on 😱 Please watch this thread, tick ‘follow topic’ at bottom of this box. Members are usually very helpful 👍

Is that thing you are talking about a loud buzzing noise that be 2 much for me just the indicator click but only a bit louder would be great like my last car VW group car indicator noise volume 

I am planning on muting it if too loud, either with a resistor or tape 😱

47 minutes ago, ToNo10 said:

I am planning on muting it if too loud, either with a resistor or tape 😱

but what noise comes out of it is it a annoying buzz noise or the nice indicator click click noise the stock noise only louder . i was wondering where the sound for the Toyota indicators were coming from and maybe adding a wire to the clicker and putting it in a better place so can hear it better 

It isn’t going to be a click, it is a buzzer. But there aren’t many options (ie.none) 😤

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links