Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Toyota avensis 2.0d4d with dpf OIL CATCH CAN

2009joe

Hello Toyota world I seen a video on YouTube about a guy in America that drove short distance In his diesel truck. I was wondering as I do mainly short journeys most of the time and my car is the one with a dpf .is it a great idea to put in a oil catch can in the car or do what I did with my last car I just ran the pcv pipe from rock cover down to below the engine .what's everyone's ideas . The pipe is a great idea just let whatever out in the ground 

It seems a bit like 'a solution looking for a problem' to me 😉

8 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

It seems a bit like 'a solution looking for a problem' to me 😉

i here you dude but tbh i put a oil catch can in my last 1.9tdi car and well couldnt be bothered cleaning it out as tbh didnt have much in it so had a brain wave and ran the pipe to bottom of the engine and put one of those wee air filters on the catch can. tbh kept the turbo clean and intake im sure . il tray running a pipe down in the toyota and see how it works .hope dont put on a check engine light my last one didnt put on a light either 

It shouldn't put the check engine light no. The breather pipe actually popped off on my Avensis and it was probably like that for a while until I noticed. Had covered the back of the engine and the bulkhead in a fine layer of oil gunge until I spotted it!

1 hour ago, yossarian247 said:

It shouldn't put the check engine light no. The breather pipe actually popped off on my Avensis and it was probably like that for a while until I noticed. Had covered the back of the engine and the bulkhead in a fine layer of oil gunge until I spotted it!

aye connect a pipe to it and run to bottom of car .im surprized i still have it connected as ,y last one i bypassed it as soon as i got the car lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links