Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

amplifier install hybrid Toyota

Ian Lemmy kilmister

Hello
anyone installed an amplifier in a hybrid toyota? have you received an error message or that the 12 volt Battery has been affected?
thought of putting in an amp of 100x4 watts rms. with Speakers of 4 ohms, the amplifier draws 28 amps (with sine signal 1000hz)
Does anyone know what rms watts Toyota's original JBL amplifier has?

hmm, reminds me, I must get my eyesight checked!

• Haha 1

strange, I can read it now!

On 5/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, Ian Lemmy kilmister said:
Hello
anyone installed an amplifier in a hybrid toyota? have you received an error message or that the 12 volt battery has been affected?
thought of putting in an amp of 100x4 watts rms. with speakers of 4 ohms, the amplifier draws 28 amps (with sine signal 1000hz)
Does anyone know what rms watts Toyota's original JBL amplifier has?

I have done. A Kicker Key 200.4. Not received any error messages and my 12v Battery seems fine after about a year of use now.

Here's a link to a post I made a while ago with some more info on my setup: https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/208728-2022-corolla-ts-hifi-upgrades/?do=findComment&comment=1654736

Fyi; my amp is wired up to the internal fuse box. The current draw is below the rating of the internal fuse distribution box, and below the rating of the largest fuse. No cutting of any wires was required, or routing cables through firewalls.

Sound is night an day difference compared to the stock none JBL system. Also a major improvement when I turn the dsp function on and calibrate it with the microphone supplied with my amp.

• Thanks 1

Ok. Im going to wire a cabel from Battery 12v to trunk.  Planing to install Before summer. I think. 
hope it Will work.  IMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.59829a0289a3b24dd95d194b407f98b4.jpeg

• 6 months later...
interesting reading
here it says that pac tried to send 100w rms audio signal through dcm. if anyone has problems getting the sound out to the right speaker and sos button lights up red.

AP4TY12_technical_bulletin.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links