Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross cost of insurance

Primus1

I know I should check but is it any more expensive to insure the cross?, I pay about £200 and some ( can’t remember without checking) per year for my puma, just wondered if others who came from another car make paid much more for their insurance….

I can not speak about other brands, but when I changed the insurance last month from a 12 month old 1.8 Corolla saloon to the new Yaris Cross, the lady I spoke to said that there was no change in the premium. I would expect it to be a little bit cheaper now, as the Yaris Cross is, from what I have found out, in a few steps lower insurance bracket, but I will explore further nearer renewal time.

The insurance group for the Puma ranges between 15 and 19, whereas the Cross is 11 to 13. However these groups are only advisory and individual insurers may differ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My insurance premium dropped when I came to the Cross.  I think it was cheaper than the Yaris but that’s for me with full no claims.  I think despite living in rural Derbyshire, the Stockport post code shoves our premium up (according to the insurance company justifying their premium 🙄).

Insurance has gone up across the board when they bought in the new rules, anything from £60-200

with a new car it's not so much the group but the financial liability and availability of parts

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

Insurance has gone up across the board when they bought in the new rules, anything from £60-200

with a new car it's not so much the group but the financial liability and availability of parts

Lets hope my mudflaps don’t get torn off in a crash!

• Like 1

Hi.

If you need any help with an insurance quotation then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:57 PM, dannyboy413 said:

I can not speak about other brands, but when I changed the insurance last month from a 12 month old 1.8 Corolla saloon to the new Yaris Cross, the lady I spoke to said that there was no change in the premium. I would expect it to be a little bit cheaper now, as the Yaris Cross is, from what I have found out, in a few steps lower insurance bracket, but I will explore further nearer renewal time.

That seems to be a trick I’ve noticed.  If you owe them a fiver, you have to cough up, if they owe you a tenner, oh, there’s nothing to pay before renewal.  

• Like 4

Surprised the cross is in a lower group than the yaris, at a guess its higher risk due to parts stolen from the normal one. 

I don't think insurance groups change once they're set so that shouldn't make any difference. TBH the way cars are assigned an insurance group is very nebulous and seems totally arbitrary to me anyway... I forget what car it was now, but I remember there was a sports car that had a lower insurance group than my Mk1 diesel Yaris on the old 20-grade system!

It's a moot point tho - I generally find the insurance group has almost no effect on the premium anyway - The single thing that has the biggest effect is by far your post code.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links