Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on impact drill

Mojo1010

Considering of buying this one https://its.co.uk/pd/DCF887D1-Dewalt-DCF887D1-18V-XR-Brushless-Impact-Driver-with-1x-20Ah-Battery-Charger-and-Case-_DEWDCF887D1.htm

A few months ago rotated the tyres, it was quite a chore using the manual wrench that came with the car as well cannot set the torque. Don't usually rotate the tyres, only due to selling when new car arrive, or changing all 4 or different size tyres. Another car use would be to repair nail/screw puncture on back tyre where it may be difficult to get to without taking the wheel off. 

Aware it can be use for home DIY screws. Do any of you use one and thoughts on the DeWalt one above, 3 years warranty. 

I've just bought one of these for nuts and a adapter to make it a impact driver, it's a lot more expensive but I needed another more compact impact gun to get into tight spaces, it's a lot more powerful than the Sealy gun

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P72CZ9C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

20230427_125951.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tfc said:

I've just bought one of these for nuts and a adapter to make it a impact driver, it's a lot more expensive but I needed another more compact impact gun to get into tight spaces, it's a lot more powerful than the Sealy gun

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P72CZ9C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

20230427_125951.jpg

6Ah X2 Battery will indeed cost a lot more. 

This has been £90 recently so will wait for it to drop down again. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07K6N53JP/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

For those who works on car maintenance a bit then it's a good investment. It has many home DIY usage too. Decking, screw-ing (word blocked) fences etc. 

• Like 1

That is a building type impact driver it doesn't have the torque, 2.0 ah is not enough tbh you need to look for an Impact wrench

I made that mistake, I now have a Makita 18v with 5.0ah batteries (DTW300Z) purely because the rest of my cordless stuff is Makita

• Like 4

That driver is rated at 205Nm isn't that enough? My mechanic say wheel torque 125Nm. Impact wrench cost quite a bit more which am not prepare to spend for the occasional use. 

• Like 1

You cannot fit a socket to the driver it is only good for screws, but you can fit a adapter to the wrench/gun so you can use it as a driver also, so you have best of both worlds.

The 921 as a breaking torque of 610Nm and 406Nm tightening torque which is amazing given the size of it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, it's clear now. 

Need to save up for Xmas gift for myself then. Any kind donations from forum members greatly welcome!

Screenshot_2023-05-27-14-21-32-583_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.95695f185972319347cec3a34dfc8fc3.jpg

• Like 1

205nm is peak torque at the anvil at peak voltage, add in the losses, and you can cut that by a 1/3

• Like 2

You want a 1/2 inch drive model that you can put sockets on. And, always tighten manually, not with an impact gun.

• Like 2

I've never come across a 1/2 drive that was not a impact, even my 3/8 drive air and cordless right angle drives are both impact. 

Been using air impact guns for about 50 yrs day in day out and never had a problem with them just a case of controlling the trigger.

• Like 2

I also use an air impact gun. Never had a problem either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links