Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Touch 2 with Go Update v6.20.0SPWL

SB1500

Just installed this (from my.toyota.eu) this evening - didn't take too long, via USB method.  Some back end online connection improvement for security... 

Has anyone else installed this and found that their volume dial is suddenly more responsive?  Are there any more improvements? 

I noticed on there also they no longer offer 1 year of 'fuel / parking / map traffic' for £25 (or 3 years for £60) without the 'MapCare'.  Anybody got any inside info on why they'd have taken this away? Quite enjoyed it and it ran out last week. 

70664842143__9CA57BDD-F7EE-4B29-BEC2-7FC8E9704D9D.heic

• Like 1

2nd gen touch 2 is EOL, 2020 is the newest car the Gen 2 was in, the new units are touch2 gen3 what are very different and there is a new wiring standard

the update you did was the Free TLS update, without it connected services will not work

TBH they are phasing the service out (some apps are already dead) due to smartphones and newer cars being always connected

Car manufacturers are always 5–10 years behind with tech, USB-C is just starting to be widely adopted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

2nd gen touch 2 is EOL, 2020 is the newest car the Gen 2 was in, the new units are touch2 gen3 what are very different and there is a new wiring standard

the update you did was the Free TLS update, without it connected services will not work

TBH they are phasing the service out (some apps are already dead) due to smartphones and newer cars being always connected

Car manufacturers are always 5–10 years behind with tech, USB-C is just starting to be widely adopted

Ah yeah, but I thought they would continue to service the Fuel / Parking / Traffic as this (on their end) is likely the same feed as the newer systems.  Surely they'd rather keep making money off people who are going to keep their cars for a very long time for the basics.

What's the oldest Toyota's still receiving map updates?  2013 / Toyota Touch 1 with the red background or?

The red background signifies it's a petrol or diesel, the blue background is Hybrid

The touch 1 is dealer only updates now from around 2021 when the toolbox was discontinued and those servers were shutdown

The touch2 is 2014-2021, the last firmware update was 2019

Map updates usually are available for 10–15 years, after 5 years the updates go to yearly

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, flash22 said:

The red background signifies it's a petrol or diesel, the blue background is Hybrid

The touch 1 is dealer only updates now from around 2021 when the toolbox was discontinued and those servers were shutdown

The touch2 is 2014-2021, the last firmware update was 2019

Map updates usually are available for 10–15 years, after 5 years the updates go to yearly

Is it even a good idea updating the Toyota touch 2 headunit software as tbh I never use maps with my one and tbh it works great apart from the !Removed! touchscreen it kina works if you touch below. Where you want it's for sure nothing like a Samsung phone touchscreen .I'm not even sure my 2014 touch 2 has the newer firmware as I never done it as I was afraid of making it worse .plus is it easy to make a back up flash drive of the software of my headunit incase gives bother I can put a great factory restore it. 

On 5/24/2023 at 8:50 PM, flash22 said:

I have the non-nav basic CD-radio, but have most of the functions via my phone connected to my stereo via bluetooth. I have the choice of navigation apps -Google, Waze, HERE WeGo, that are always up to date. Better still, I can give voice commands without having to stop and input a new destination by hand. Basically I updated my car at minimum cost. All those with the nav version will be out of date, with no support. Also some of those nav units have or are beginning to fail, so owners have replace the audio unit with something different, like an Android unit.  
Those who have read my posts in the past will know I have a Bluetooth/USB adapter added via the rear CD changer port.

The Touch 2 Go unit in my 2015 first facelift T27 is still supported. I bought a 3 year package of updates for £120 in July 2021 just after I bought the car. I downloaded and installed the latest software and maps a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, Cessna said:

The Touch 2 Go unit in my 2015 first facelift T27 is still supported. I bought a 3 year package of updates for £120 in July 2021 just after I bought the car. I downloaded and installed the latest software and maps a couple of weeks ago.

I wish I had bought the 3 years of services for £60 last year - as I was able to find a map upgrade code on eBay for next to nothing compared to Toyota's price (the code worked on Toyota's My.Toyota portal too).  

Sadly, Toyota got back to me to confirm they no longer offer the bundles. 

It's a mystery to me why... the system is pretty lousy and slow - but it had that cool party trick of the weather, fuel and parking which a couple of friends / family commented on as being really cool.  Already had a couple asking me to check it only for me to explain it's expired and now I need to pay £100+ for new maps and one more year, but I've already updated the maps recently so can't really justify it.

And when I can spare the money to put into that, it's money that otherwise would have went toward one or two of the genuine accessories like the rubber mats or sunshades to my local dealership...  

I know Toyota are done with this system and I don't expect big updates or features, but honestly was making the effort to remove the services bundle worth it for them? I would love to know the number of customers who have legitimately traded in their Toyota over this one for a newer model. It's just delayed my spending with them until at least September, made the system less useful to me and others and delayed the time when I purchase some of the accessories from one of its dealers.

Alright, a little OTT, but honestly, kind of crappy on Toyota's part. 

It is indeed a shame that Toyota no longer offer the multi-year software/map update packages. Mine runs out next summer (so last update on my current package will be Spring 2024). I guess after that I will update it once every couple of years or so, unless they decide to bring the multi-year packages back. Or I might change the head unit in 2025 when the car reaches 10 years of age and can no longer be part of the Relax warranty programme.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links