Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking at prius generation 4

Dean808

Hi considering buying 2022 prius generation 27k self charging full history how good are there currently have an avensis anything to look out are they 58mpg is there a catholic converter theft problem with this model thanks 

1 minute ago, Dean808 said:

Hi considering buying 2022 prius generation 27k self charging full history how good are there currently have an avensis anything to look out are they 58mpg is there a catholic converter theft problem with this model thanks 

Hi Dean,

Yes there is a problem with the theft of catalytic converters with the Prius. That said, any other hybrid no matter what make, are also targets for the morons who steal the cat because of the rare & valuable precious metals they contain.As I understand it the cat on the latest Generation of Prius doesn’t contain much of these metals but the thieves are too thick to know that.

I paid out £300 to my Toyota dealer, to have a thief proof device fitted over my cat, & so far it’s not been stolen. Toyota have offered a free ‘smart water’ marking, which, although it doesn’t stop the creeps stealing the cat, it does make it traceable to your vehicle, if they get caught.

Otherwise, regarding the Prius, I would rate it as the best car I’ve ever owned. I had the previous Gen3 before my present car & they’ve both proved to be economical to run & most importantly very reliable. I’ve found the Prius to be very comfortable to drive long distances & surprisingly quite powerful.

27k is quite high mileage for one year’s driving but there are plenty of Prius cars still on the road with hundreds of thousands of miles on the clock. My Toyota dealer told me they have a customer that brings his car in for service & he’s clocked up well over 300,000 miles! Just a pity the new Prius isn’t being sold in the UK, but there you are.

• Like 2

Can you tell is it the same engine gearbox as the 2019 Corolla to the 2022 engine chassis running gear all seem to be the same the car was owned by Toyota Ireland there after sales rep had it I am currently in gran caneria was in one yesterday taxi 800000 km hybrid Battery changed at 300k everything build quality seems to be far better than Corolla 

2 hours ago, Dean808 said:

Can you tell is it the same engine gearbox as the 2019 Corolla to the 2022 engine chassis running gear all seem to be the same the car was owned by Toyota Ireland there after sales rep had it I am currently in gran caneria was in one yesterday taxi 800000 km hybrid battery changed at 300k everything build quality seems to be far better than Corolla 

I can only tell you about my 2016 Prius Excel which has a 1.8 litre engine with  probably the same gearbox as the Corolla. I have driven a Corolla with a 2 litre engine so you might have that engine in your car, although there’s also a smaller engined version of the Corolla as well. There’s certainly more room in the Prius but as far as the size of engine in the 2022 version, you need to check with the garage. 

2022 Prius is the same engine as the other 2 variants of the mk4. 
some minor tweaks mechanically but nothing to write home about. 

the Prius doesn't change to the 2litre engine (first tested on the corolla)  until the mk5

I have driven both the corolla and prius and i find the corolla (hatchback) smaller and more uncomfortable in leather trim than the Prius. Also the number of cells is reduced from 12 to 6 leading to a reduced mpg.

One year i drove my prius 29k in a year and as long as it has had the necessary servicing at the correct intervals there isn't really anything to worry about on a 27k millage. 

• Like 1

What mg should I be looking at in Tralee world are you on hybrid system while driving under 50km or 30km 

Normal driving (i treat my prius like an ordinary car)  i dont hypermile or drive at “the most economic” speed

67 - 96 mpg uk depending on traffic conditions.  Sometimes better over short distances. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul john said:

67 - 96 mpg uk

The metric equivalents are 4.22 L/100 km - 2.94 L/100 km.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 2:27 PM, BhxTrev said:

.... Just a pity the new Prius isn’t being sold in the UK, but there you are.

Such a shame isn't it, but they are very lucky in Ireland as they are getting the Plug-in version 🤨

Prius Gen 5 Plug-in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Such a shame isn't it, but they are very lucky in Ireland as they are getting the Plug-in version 🤨

Prius Gen 5 Plug-in

As it is I’m only interested in the Prius at the moment, so probably won’t be buying another Toyota. I guess with the pressure from the government I’ll probably opt for an all electric vehicle in the next few years, that’s if the government can finally get their act together & make sure there are adequate numbers charging points! The Tesla Model 3 looks like a good replacement for the Prius. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 1:09 PM, BhxTrev said:

As it is I’m only interested in the Prius at the moment, so probably won’t be buying another Toyota. I guess with the pressure from the government I’ll probably opt for an all electric vehicle in the next few years, that’s if the government can finally get their act together & make sure there are adequate numbers charging points! The Tesla Model 3 looks like a good replacement for the Prius. 

This is what happened in USA. Majority of Prius owners went to model 3 , that includes taxi and private hire. Similar situation in London too. Btw I know that about us Prius from their priuschat forum. 👌

Hi

I owned a Prius plus for three years and did over 72000 miles in it, it was new in 2020. I always found it a great car to live with, drive and own and would gladly have had another one if they were still made over here. The highest M.P.G; I ever got was 84.06 and found that the electric drive cut out above 50 M.P.H. I also found it a great all round vehicle with loads of room and leg space in the back (I'm 6.3 feet tall, so always have the drivers seat right back). 

So if you have the chance to get one, jump at it, I doubt you'll ever regret it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ian

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links