Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi all

murph49

I'm 21 and a new toyota owner.  Love tacoma's and always wanted one.  I worked my tail off to save for half down and my first ever loan.  Purchased in April 22 and then had to go commercial fish for a few months.  Really only drove it about 4 months before I slid off an ice road and damaged front quarter panel over wheel.  Turns out even though I was only going 15mph I caused a small bend in the frame that cannot be straightened.  I've been waiting for my truck since December.  The hold up was a frame.  I've lost several jobs, more opportunities for jobs and housing because of this.  I had been turning back of truck into my overland camp to travel and fish and work.  I ended up needing to rent a place and buy another car while I wait and continue to make the stupid payments. Dad was looking at Tundra's but has pretty much decided to stick with the F150's.  This has been a nightmare.  Finally got the frame in after 5 months and they are going to start working on it but it'll still be about 3 weeks.  Grr.

• Like 1

Hi Reagan, welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it. That's really bad news how this has happened to you considering it was such a low speed knock that caused the bend in the frame. Well hopefully you will have the car back on the road in a few weeks. 

It seems a long time 5 months to get another frame did they say why.

They never said why.  They just said backorder.  I expect it would still be backordered if I hadn't started weekly and sometimes more often calls to the super friendly brand engagement line.  Friendly yet mostly never able to help or really give any reasons or eta

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links