Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

yariscross hybrid 2022 maximum distance on a full tank

myyariscross

Hi All i have managed to 830 km on a full tank with a couple off  liters left, i believe if most off driving was on the flat it would reach 900km.

would like to know what other members have achieved in millage or km in their yaris cross hybrid Thanks

Hi, 

the range figures are not something that matter to much unless you travel a lot and you need to cover these long distance in one go. What matters is the mpg or l/100km , this shows the efficiency of the car and here been reported impressive figures. Realistically 60+ mpg even 70mpg easily achieved. 👍

Have had my Icon model since 29/04.  In that time put 1338 miles on, mainly due to a holiday in Lincolnshire. The gauge states I'm averaging 82.5.mpg. I'm the type of person that likes to keep the tank well up, and in the 4 times I've "topped" it to the brim, the figures show an average of over 77.3.mpg. So no complaints there. Of course I expect in the winter it may go down a bit, but basically I'm getting over 50% more mpg. compared to my previous car.

• Like 4

Yeah, there aren't many petrol cars that get anywhere near the sort of mileage the M15A-FXE engines get out of these new hybrids, and certainly none with the same level of responsiveness and punch.

They even give the most frugal diesels a good run for their money!

I generally get 450-500 miles out of 26-28L of fuel.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feed back😀

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, there aren't many petrol cars that get anywhere near the sort of mileage the M15A-FXE engines get out of these new hybrids, and certainly none with the same level of responsiveness and punch.

They even give the most frugal diesels a good run for their money!

I generally get 450-500 miles out of 26-28L of fuel.

I've understood the Yaris Cross would beat even the regular Yaris mk4 with MPG, but not sure how could that be?

Either way, it is a massive feat off of Toyota to make a car this "big" so efficient

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

I've understood the Yaris Cross would beat even the regular Yaris mk4 with MPG, but not sure how could that be?

Either way, it is a massive feat off of Toyota to make a car this "big" so efficient

Not sure cross will be more efficient than regular Yaris. But both are really good indeed. The key factors here are the lower total mass of the vehicles. These are very light cars, compared to standard petrol or diesel they have almost no penalty weight being hybrids. This is the biggest difference between the different generations of Toyota hybrids along with improved Battery tech and ev motors and then more efficient engines. If we compare my Auris hybrid from 2010 weight 1440kg  against Corolla hybrid 1.8 weight of 1360kg. Even if we equal the power trains my car will always feel like there is one more passenger inside. 👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Not sure cross will be more efficient than regular Yaris. But both are really good indeed. The key factors here are the lower total mass of the vehicles. These are very light cars, compared to standard petrol or diesel they have almost no penalty weight being hybrids. This is the biggest difference between the different generations of Toyota hybrids along with improved battery tech and ev motors and then more efficient engines. If we compare my Auris hybrid from 2010 weight 1440kg  against Corolla hybrid 1.8 weight of 1360kg. Even if we equal the power trains my car will always feel like there is one more passenger inside. 👍

As much I've been a Volvo V70 man before, my spouse has one now and it's a legendary thing in it's own right, but you really feel that the car is likely 1800kg or so with all the fluids and passanger in too. While I love how they drive, it sure feels like a freight train compared to these newer Toyotas.

• Like 2

I already feel the extra weight of the Mk4 over my old Mk2 - This is the first car I've personally owned that's weighed over a ton! I can't imagine what going from this to 1800kg would be like on a corner! :laugh: 

9 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

I've heard this now and then, but I can't imagine how it could be true in similar conditions, with the extra weight and the slabbier face/front cross-section of the Cross, not to mention heavier unsprung weight in the rims and wider tyres...!

It can be tricky to measure fairly as the mpg constantly fluctuates up and down when you're cycling between EV and ICE. The best I can do is just record full-ish tank averages.

• Like 1

I do not get the high mileage indicated here. The range is generally 400+ miles and with a bit of range anxiety due to the small tank capacity the distance between fills about 350 to 375 miles. 
I would like more range but not carrying the weight is ok too. I am ok overall with the range.

The consumption I get is not fabulous but is ok. Winter maybe 45mpg and high summer maybe 62mpg. I don’t drive an ideal route generally - too much main road - and I’m sure it could be significantly better pootling around around towns with more EV time/distance. It’s performance overall is very good and I like it a lot.

• Like 1

I find mine gets best mpg with a mix of urban and A-roads, but cruising around 60mph will still get me into the 70s fairly easily.

I must admit I would have liked a standard 42L tank, as I reckon it would have matched or exceeded my old Mk1 D4D's 600+ mile range, but getting near-500 on 28-odd litres is still fine, and certainly far better than what any giant land-boat EV can dream of!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been averaging 3 - 3.1L/ 100km in my standard Yaris Hybrid, mixed driving,  which is better than Toyotas claim. That said, I’m always quite conscious of driving smoothly and seeing how low I can get the fuel consumption 🙂

• Like 1

It’s academic to me really as I never need to run it to empty but by calculation, my mixed duty and hills giving around 60mpg would achieve 760km to empty.  Mine is AWD.   The OPs is doing about 70mpg which should be achievable on a long trip especially if it’s FWD.  

• Like 1

I have seen the best mpg out of Toyota hybrids in town at night when the streets are less busy. Driving a Prius through London suburbs between 02:00-04:00 a clock in the morning beats a Toyota claims of fuel efficiency, not the wltp, but the older style that where way off the real deal. Just pulse and glide through the empty roads at around 30-35mph and the car is whisper quiet like a glider on wheels. 

Well, having just returned from a week’s holiday in the new forest, my puma showed 60/61mpg on the run down that’s with adaptive cruise set at 66, ( there’s no rush) , whilst down there with all the running around it dropped to 57mpg, on the way back with more traffic and having to detour due to the A1 being blocked it showed 58mpg, not bad for a mild hybrid, I’m really hoping my New Cross will do better, 

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Well, having just returned from a week’s holiday in the new forest, my puma showed 60/61mpg on the run down that’s with adaptive cruise set at 66, ( there’s no rush) , whilst down there with all the running around it dropped to 57mpg, on the way back with more traffic and having to detour due to the A1 being blocked it showed 58mpg, not bad for a mild hybrid, I’m really hoping my New Cross will do better, 

Is the puma manual or auto? If manual the Yaris x will be miles ahead as driving experience even if it’s only slightly better in fuel. 👌

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Is the puma manual or auto? If manual the Yaris x will be miles ahead as driving experience even if it’s only slightly better in fuel. 👌

Manual, I’m sure I’ll better the 48-50 mpg I get around town and shorter journeys though…

• Like 2

Just returned from a 1400 mile trip in the EU (might report more on this in another post if I get time) and averaged 71 mpg in my YC - and that included a fair bit of motorway, albeit not at manic speeds

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I get about 58mpg overall on my wife's 2014 Yaris but have had it close to 70mpg on a long run when trying. My Renault Captur Etech which is also a full self charging hybrid is about 58 to 63 mpg. Doesn't vary that much unless I do 70 mph for long periods when it is about 57 mpg.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 10:26 AM, Primus1 said:

I've just ticked over 1,000 miles on mine (Yaris Cross Excel). Averaging 58.6 MPG, but the last long trip (Today, Derbyshire -> Yorkshire Coast and back) I averaged 63.5MPG on the way out (99.8 miles 33% EV time) and 60.9 MPG on the return (87.4miles 35% EV Time) though the return journey was a tad more fraught because of the weather, don't think I've ever seen a motorway flood before, or passed so many accidents on a single 10 mile stretch, but I digress.

Adjusting my driving style, making full use of the radar cruise control (72mph limit) has got me up on motorway/cruising from ~55-58MG to ~60-63MPG. As others have said, drop it down to 65mph and you'll squeeze out a bit more. I also have a lead foot sometimes, so I did a couple of over takes on country roads which would have reduced the overall MPG 😃

• Like 2

Toyota’s hybrids are very efficient at lower speeds 65mph or below, because of the air drag first and also because  they do rely on inertia and ev help to maintain speeds. An example. 
In heavy winds sometimes when you glide in ev mode you may notice the car it’s not smooth when switching between ev and ice or ice to ev just because of the wind that pushes the car and it feels a bit like standard car with gears, there is a slight shift shock experience as the wind acts like a brake. When it blows from behind then there is an increase in ev drive and the car feels lighter and more agile. In other cars like electric or petrol and diesel powered you done feel that because the car does not switch between power sources. 

• Like 1

I have to say the Mk4 is sooooo much more stable in a crosswind than the Mk1 and Mk2 I had before - Going up the M1 in high winds in those was very... 'exciting' and it felt like the cars had a sail attached to them sometimes! :eek: 

The Mk4 feels barely troubled - I can feel a slight tug but nothing like it was in the previous ones!! So gooood :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links