Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement gas struts for IQ boot

Witless

After cracking my head on the 3/4 open boot lid one day then watching my wife do the exact same thing the next day, I decided that enough was enough and the gas struts clearly needed replacing.

Nice easy job. Each end of the struts has a cup arrangement which fits over a nipple on either the door or door surround. There's a clip over the top of the cup which holds it all in place. You can free the clip by slipping a flat bladed screwdriver underneath and levering it. I found I could just pop the replacements on with a firm push without risking disturbing the clips.

The boot now opens fully under its own steam.

These are the ones I used at £22.49 the pair:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314522039653

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks James,I have the same problem with the sore head bit!ordered thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks OP for the post. I've been meaning to do this for ages, but was a bit unsure of the right part to buy and if they were decent or not. So followed your link, bought a pair, fitted them in 10 mins.

The little metal clips that hold them in were a bit fiddly, and I scratched them a bit when manipulating them with pliers, but it's not really seen and I'm very happy to have a boot working like new again!

... although it will take a bit of getting used to as the boot needs a couple of inches of manual lifting to start it opening and then it self pushes the rest of they way so suddenly that I've bumped my chin a couple of times!

• Like 2

😆 

There were plenty of cheaper struts available, but I couldn't find any info on the correct PSI (should have thought to ask on here tbh). I went for the ones in the link because they referenced the IQ and I hoped this would mean they'd have the correct pressure. They're not too far off anyway. Just keep your chin out of the way whilst they bed in 😋

• Like 1

Those are well priced - I replaced the gas boot struts in my old Mk2 with ones from SGS engineering and they cost that *each*!! :eek: 

Yeah, I looked at those. I'd expect them to load the boot for me at that price 😦

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links